Thirty - Peace Offer

"You stink like pheromones." Was Gran Gran's warm hearted greeting, "Again."

I smiled sweetly, "Yes, hello. I visited Hiro." - I had said it so casually, while reality was that my heart was pounding like crazy, not knowing how bad what I've done actually was in her eyes.

Her grumpy expression fell, looking blank all of a sudden. I had no idea how she would react. She'd always been such an easy going person who rarely ever punished me, but lately she's been acting like that old witch from Rapunzel.

She just sighed and sat down, rubbing both hands over her face, "I suppose I never forbid you to do that, huh?"

"You shouldn't have in the first place." I immediately defended, "It's my family Gran Gran."

The old woman nodded heavily, "I wish it wasn't. I'd rather have Kira marry some boring human man than Eunwoo..."

"This is my dad you're talking about Grandma." I stopped her rant.

She looked at me, "Aren't you mad at him? He's the reason your mother died."

"No I-" I sighed, sitting down in front of her, "I don't see it the way you do. Admittedly... I wasn't present during the events, but I highly doubt that Hiro lied to me about what happened. That accident... could've been prevented, yes. But there's not one specific person to blame for. You could be blamed at much as my father, to be really fucking honest. But you blaming Eunwoo solely comes from your bitterness towards him... because you felt like he took your daughter away."

Grandma smiled bitterly, "And now it's happening again."

"Huh?"

The woman looked at me with an ironic smile, "It's true isn't it? Jungkook will take my other baby away as well, no?"

"N-No I.... It's not like that Grandma!"

She grinned smugly, "Sure darling, I'm not buying it."

I grumbled something incoherent before speaking up again, more firmly, "Plus, if something like that was actually going to happen I wouldn't act like Kira and I would tell you my plans before hand."

"Oh, would you?" She echoed sarcastically.

"Yes." I said adamant, "And I would... I would prove that shifters aren't like you want me to believe."

Grandma snickered, "What do you know anyways?"

I thought back to the - quite overwhelming - but welcoming shifters that had greeted me with an enthusiastic hug every time I visited Jungkook's place. Or the way Jungkook had protected me without a thought when this stranger attacked me. Or his promise that he'd never put his own desires first.

"I know plenty." I said positively, crossing my arms in front of my chest.

I'll be damned if I let her win this one

"If they're so different, then where is your Jungkook now?" - my Jungkook? eye- "Didn't he run away when he heard you'd talk to me now? Like a coward-"

"It's not like that Grandma!" I defended, "He was with me the whole time, he just- uhm- now-"

"Yes?" She smiled victoriously, misunderstanding my embarrassment for shame, "What is it, honey?"

"He's in rut..." I mumbled quietly.

"Oh lord-" Her face filled with understanding, "I see-" She laughed out loud, making me scowl irritated.

"It's not funny. He was acting weird. And he's in pain now!"

She calmed down, wiping away a non-existent tear, "Well, darling, do you know why he is in pain?" - she chuckled again - "Do you know how he is in pain?"