Eight - A Loner By Heart

You know how you get when you really, really try hard not to look at some body, so you end up just staring at them way too often?

It's kinda stupid, I know, but I got this feeling when I was in class - math course - and all my mind could come up with were the tons of different wolf-shifter books I've read in the past weekend.

Jungkook was sitting a few seats away from me, though it didn't really make a difference, since - once again - we were the only ones in this seat row, as if my classmates magically tried to avoid me.

So far, I've successfully managed to convince myself, that Jeon Jungkook is indeed a shifter and nothing in this world could make me believe otherwise - I just needed this one, final prove.

But still, I didn't want to make my curiosity all too obvious, hence why I tried not to look at him - which ended up not working.

Every once in a while, my dumbass glanced over to him, as if I was hoping for any hints, any shifter-related things I'd see. Not gonna lie, I felt like a little detective while I was at it, and I might've had a little too much fun with it, but I'll blame this one the utter monotony of our math lessons.

Of course, Jeon did not do anything that gave him away. The only things I noticed, where his messy long locks, or the small silver piercing over his eyebrow, or how he nibble on his pen - which is a pretty gross thing to do by the way.

His tie wasn't done properly and the two upper buttons of his shirt weren't closed, he also looked as if he'd spent his entire night awake with a One Piece-Marathon, and honestly his contribution to the lesson said just as much.

"Wanna join us for lunch?"

Hana's question snapped me out of my thoughts and I looked up at her.

Hana's always been one of the few students who actively tried to include me in the class' activities. While I have to admit that this girl is like an angel sent from heaven, I must say that she really doesn't need to be trying so hard; I'm alright with being a loner, no need to stress over it.

"Of course." I answered smiling, watching how the pretty brunette jumped happily, satisfied that she managed to pull yet another introvert into her circle.

Before following her out of the class room, I threw a quick glance behind me, to see Jungkook still not following the path of us others, leaning back lazily in his seat, with his head thrown back, one hand playing with the pen he'd been nibbling on before.

"Uhm, can I ask you something Y/N-" Hana started when we walked down the corridor.

"Sure."

"So... you've been talking with the new one, right?" She clearly didn't know how to formulate what she was trying to say.

"Well, yeah. In class sometimes, since we sit next to each other..." I replied, "-but we aren't really close outside of school, if it's that what you mean."

"I see..." She mumbled, looking away, "It's just that... he's so strange, you know? At the beginning, every girl was so excited to have someone as pretty as him in her grade, but he never- he never talks with anyone, never even tries to get to know any of closer... isn't that strange?"

It was true that, so far, Jungkook hadn't approached anyone and also kept on rejected any student who tried to get to know him a little.

"I mean, it's maybe not the wisest thing to do-" I admitted, "But maybe he doesn't know how else to act I mean... you don't know why he transferred school, right?"

"You mean he's been, like, bullied in his old school?" Hana looked at me with big eyes.

That wasn't exactly what I was trying to say, but whatever. 

I shrugged, "Maybe. Maybe he just isn't interested in making friends or he just has a really hard time opening up to people. We'll never know, right?"

"Yeah, but..." The girl didn't seem satisfied with my answer. 

As much as I appreciate Hana and her efforts, she should really stop to try and be friends with everyone. She'll only end up getting hurt by someone who doesn't even care abut her; some extroverts out there really need to learn when to back down.

"Let's not think about this too much." I tried to cheer her up, "Give him some time, Hana."

She smiled, nodding happily, "You're right. Let's just eat!"

___

I'm the biggest fucking hypocrite.

During lunch break, I was talking about how we shouldn't bother Jungkook and how we should mind our own business, but now I couldn't restrain myself from being the one bothering him.

I'd like to say that, maybe, it's a bit different for me, because Jeon's been giving me a little - no, that was a lie - he's been giving me a lot more attention than the other's.

So, I thought, maybe he's okay with me bothering him.

Still, it doesn't justify the absolutely weird thing I decided to do during chemistry.

As I said, I read a lot about shifters and was still trying to find the final prove that Jungkook was indeed one so I... well... I kind of...

I... read this thing about shifters who haven't reached maturity yet and I was thinking that Jungkook - judging his age - must also not have reached it yet so... eh-

Ugh, just watch.

All of us were silently copying notes from the board, none of us awake enough to be causing our - very satisfied - teacher any trouble.

So, of course, no one noticed when I hesitantly slid one seat closer to Jungkook, who didn't take note of it right away.

A bit insecure, I lifted my hand, cocking my head to the side before I figured what exactly it was I wanted to do.

I stretched out my fingers, until they touched the soft locks on the side of Jungkook's head, who immediately stiffened.

My fingers wandered down, until they were softly stroking the small spot behind the boy's ear, whose eyes widened in panic and pressed both his hands against his mouth.

"What are you- hnng-" He whined quietly, a small blush creeping over his cheeks.

According to one of my books, shifter pups have a small, sensitive spot behind their ears, that allows their mothers to instantly calm them when they are really agitated, which is something very useful when you have a wild little wolf running around your home at 4am, I suppose. With reaching maturity, they lose the sensitivity at this spot, but until then it remains a quite effective way to calm them.

Jungkook looked at me with wide, panicked eyes, hands still pressing against is lips as he tried to keep his cool. Although he was obviously shocked, he remained motionless, letting me do as I please, while just staring ahead of him, hands covering half his face, allowing me to proceed with my actions.

No one noticed us, since we were sitting in the very back of the room and I slowly leaned forward.

"Jungkook," I whispered, feeling quite victorious, "Are you a shifter?"

___

Y'ALL I DID IT! I FINALLY STARTED MY OWN ART ACCOUNT ON INSTAGRAM!

FOLLOW 'DEARBUGS' I YOU WANNA SEE MORE OF MY TRASHY CONTENT!

I'll be posting a little bit of K-Pop fan art but also other, non-kpop related stuff, original art and other fan art I guess :)

xx