Thirty Five - Another Kind Of Magic

I punched him, "Don't think I'll always let you do this, pup."

His eyes crinkled up in a sheepish smile, "I'm happy with whatever I can get."

Jungkook's a good kisser, I'll have to admit. Not that I have much experience to compare him with. But the tongue piercing did hit different.

The movie was long over and it was night already, cicadas' chirping flooding the room through the opened window.

Jungkook had his arms wrapped around me, back resting against the bed's headrest while calmly (as calm as this idiot can stay) chatting with me.

"So...Bunny." His eyes flashed ember when he looked down at me grinning, "Wanna stay the night?" He stuck out his tongue, smirking.

I groaned, "You're an awful person."

He laughed cheekily, throwing his head back. I felt his body vibrate as he did so, feeling oddly at peace in the moment.

I'd always thought - knowing myself - that a first kiss would make me all nervous and anxious. But now, that I kissed Jungkook, I didn't....really...feel....different?

Not even Kookie suffocating me in his proximity felt unusual. I mean. It wasn't unusual.

I glanced up at the shifter who was still giggling to himself, seemingly oblivious to my calculating eyes.

Jungkook knew me well enough not to ask any questions after we kissed. He'd learned that I needed some more space and time and patience than others and, as bad as I felt with leaving him clueless for now, he didn't seem to mind.

But then again.... what was there to talk about? How we feel about each other? Even I figured this out by now, it doesn't need a rocket scientist to figure it out. Wether we are, like, dating or not? It doesn't matter anyways, we're closer than any one I've ever known, we could probably be married as well and the only thing strange would be the fact that we're just fucking High Schoolers.

Yeah. It was easier than I thought. The thing with Jungkook. It didn't even leave me space to overthink, like usually. It was just there.

We were just there. In the dark, in Jungkook's room, talking laughing - Jungkook stealing a few occasional kisses, like the moron he is.

It was easy and I felt light.

"Uh- Jungkook, why isn't anyone checking on us?"

"They probably want us to fu-"

"No."

____

"What the- What the hell, Jeon." I whisper-yelled, staring flabbergasted at the shifter, who had leaned over me from behind to talk to Jooin (a classmate unworthy to be further mentioned). But instead of just talking to Jooin he had pressed his entire body against me, very un-sneakily inhaling deeply right above my neck, making the small hairs on my skin rise.

He gave me a short, ironic pout, before averting his attention back to Jooin, who was acting as if he wasn't fazed by the way Jungkook was practically glued to my back while speaking to him, arms that were resting on the table caging me.

I felt thrown back to the first time we met suddenly, back when Jungkook had pulled all kinds of creepy stuff, just to somehow get my attention.

I glared up at him, mentally beating the shit out of this firm chest of his that was pressing me against my desk while Jungkook acted like he was actually interested in whatever his classmate was saying.

"I'll fucking kill you." I hissed, nudging my elbow into his stomach, which finally made him stand up with a pained groan.

"Why are you so violent, Bunny?" He whimpered, pressing his hands against the spot I hit.

"Stop whining, I've seen you take way harder hits from Seongwha without complaining."

"It hurts more since it's you." He pouted, ignoring Jooin who turned back around with an annoyed huff after realizing that Jungkook was a lost cause.

"Wha- that doesn't even make sense."

"It does." He insisted, taking both my hands in his dramatically, "I don't care about anyone inflicting pain on me, until it's my soulmate hurting me."

The girls around us squealed, while I watched in disbelief how Jungkook made a scene by posing like a model, his hands holding my smaller ones against his chest, chin jerked to the side and eyes lowered like the fucking drama queen he is.

He might fool those other girls but I'm not that easy.

"...I'm sorry, Kookie, I didn't mean to hurt you. Come here, let me see-"

Okay, maybe that was a lie.

He grinned victoriously, "Was about time." And fucking sat down in my lap as if he didn't weigh as much as four grown ass wolves at once.

"Oh hell no, back off you fat baby." My attempts of pushing him away were fruitless.

After some time of struggling against this over grown golden retriever who thought he was still a puppy I gave up huffing, trying to ignore the numbness that was slowly spreading in my legs, "I hate you."

He grinned happily, long hair falling into his face when he shook his head giggling, ember eyes radiating a warm glow, "Of course you do."

He ignored my pain, moving on to the next topic, "What do you think, Bunny? Should we like... congratulate them?"

"Who?" I asked confused.

He flicked my head softly, "Yoongi-Hyung and your witch friend."

Ah, right.... those two mated quite... surprisingly. I had known something was off when Yoongi asked me for Hoseok's number but I definitely did not see that coming.

I mean, wow, mating was a big thing - especially for someone who was convinced that he's destined to be a loner forever.

"I wonder how they are doing." I mumbled, subconsciously leaning into his touch when Jungkook started to stroke my hair gently, "Hoseok can be quite...complicated."

Jungkook smiled softly, "That's fine. Yoongi is used to dealing with complicated people." He pointed at himself with an ironic grin.

"Do you think they are happy with this though? They mated during Yoongi's rut after all...." Hoseok and I had never gotten along that well but... if I'm being perfectly honest, I was still kinda fond of him. Like an older brother whom I'm always arguing, with I suppose.

"Mating can't happen if the wish to do so isn't mutual." Jungkook explained calmly, with a warm seriousness I wasn't used to seeing on him, "They're both adults. They'll know what to do."

I closed my eyes sighing, relishing in the feeling of Jungkook's long fingers carding through my hair, "I hope so. Wouldn't want either of them to get hurt."

The shifter chuckled quietly, "You witches need to be a it more confident in the concept of fated mates."

I opened one eye, glancing up at him, "Fated what?"

"Fated mates." He smiled, hand that had stroked my hair so far cupping my cheek, "The person you were meant to fall in love with - a soulmate you could say. It's an old story being passed on by shifters. But it's not a mere legend." He came even closer, now whispering, "It's real, Bunny."

His other hand came up to cup my face as well and he leaned in completely, kissing me without a care about our classmates sitting around us, tongue softly grazing over my lower lip before licking inside my mouth, leaving me breathless.

"You-" He breathed, "You smell very nice."

I grinned, "Are you... trying to flirt or something?"

___

I'm alive

xx