Nineteen - Kings Of The Circus

It's an interesting sight - watching ten-or-so wolves sprint at full speed into the same direction.

Quickly, they got out of my field of view and I slumped down onto the stairs in front of the entrance door.

"That was actually pretty cool, that you could recognize Jungkook like that." Namjoon said, sitting down next to me, "It's not easy without having seen them as wolves before, especially when you cant smell him like a shifter could."

I shrugged, pulling out grass from the floor mindlessly, "Dunno, I didn't find it that hard. Jungkook is pretty special in the way he acts, I think he just sticks out everywhere."

"Interesting..." Namjoon said slowly, side-eyeing me with a small smile.

"Why aren't you running with them though?" I asked.

"I wanted to give them a chance of winning." Namjoon said grinning.

I laughed, leaning back against the wall, while watching the forest in front of me.

It was a calming sight, fall having colored the leaves of this place in every red and orange shade I could possibly think of. The wind made them rustle, creating a beautiful melody that was accompanied by only the song of the birds.

The usual calm I felt whenever spending time in the woods creeped back into my bones, calming my nerves after the turbulent encounters I just had.

The silence got broken by a huffing wolf sprinting into the garden, making me jump up surprised.

"Already?!"

I wasn't all that shocked to see that it was Jungkook. Not after that motivation Dahyun had given him.

The wolf was breathing heavily as he stalked towards me, looking drained.

I laughed surprised when he let his head slump down into my lap, hand immediately coming up to scratch that spot behind his ear. Wolf Jungkook was a lot less shy than human Jungkook, apparently.

For some reason I didn't mind his clinginess as wolf - probably because I didn't really see him as a person but as an animal, which made me a lot less uncomfortable.

Soon, the rest of the pack slowly reached the garden, some of them transforming back immediately (which made me look away screeching) some staying in their wolf forms, as if it didn't make a difference for them - which I suppose was true, since shifters are used to being both human and wolf.

"Oh, what a fool I was to believe I could beat THE Jeon Jungkook." Dahyun sighed dramatically, sounding just a little salty, "He's been winning every time for three years straight now, you know? It's getting annoying."

The wolf in my lap huffed happily, tail wagging proudly.

"You. Are a little shit." I said decidedly, gently pushing him off my lap.

The others laughed loudly and I felt hands cover my eyes from behind, making me jump startled.

"Don't worry." I heard Sunmi say, "I just want to protect your virgin eyes while Jungkook transforms back."

I nodded thankfully, waiting before she let go again, trusting her in not making me face a naked Jungkook.

Latter grinned at me widely when I looked at him, eyes sparkling and cheeks being tinted the slightest red after the race he just won.

"Now!" Taehyung announced, "I think Jungkook would like to claim his prize!"

God dammit

"Hold up, I never agreed-" A traitorous Sunmi pushed me from behind, making me stumble towards Jungkook who looked as if he was about to combust (wether it was because he was happy, nervous, proud or sheepish wasn't very clear).

"I hate every single one of you." I muttered, before leaning in to give this fucking idiot a quick kiss.

He stayed eerily still while I touched his cheek for barely a second and the others howled in unison, making me feel like in a damn circus.

"Aww look at little Jungkookie getting all excited!" Taehyung teased.

"Shut up." Jungkook snapped blushing.

"Didn't you transform back? I'm sure I can still see a tail wagging."

"Nah man, that's his di-"

I watched them bicker smiling, surprised how comfortable I felt around them. I barely felt like that around strangers, so this was definitely something knew for me.

Maybe I just needed people like that. Loud, chaotic people without any fear of contact, who might make me feel akward by times but won't give me an opportunity to delve into that awkwardness.

"Y/N," Beomgyu started, "I'm curious, what do you do... -as a witch I mean?"

"Don't you know that?" Seongwha said, clicking his tongue, "They learn about herbs and stuff and they perform weird ass rituals for good luck or whatever."

I chuckled, "That's actually just a small part of what we do. Witches are said to be 'children gifted by nature' witch means that we are deeply connected to our environment." I was surprised about how ten pairs of eyes instantly stared at me concentrated, as if what I was telling them was the most interesting thing in the world.

"Yes, I'm getting taught a lot about the various usage of all kinds of herbs, but I also learn how to communicate with nature; my Grandma taught me for example that water has a memory and how I can make it tell me of it's memories. It's only little things, but they're very important to us."

"Wolves are also part of nature!" Jungkook chimed in, "Does that mean witches are also connected to shifters?"

"Nah, I don't think we have anything to do with some werewolves or whatever." I joked, remembering how Grandma told me to never call them 'werewolves'.

All of them simultaneously gasped, looking very much offended.

"Don't compare us to these stinky bastards!" Dahyun said pouting.

"How dare you say that!" Taehyung whined.

I laughed, watching the shifters mope over my oh so evil words.

After some time, I noticed that another shifter had joined us outside, and not just anyone at that; The pack leader Yoongi was staining next to Namjoon, watching us with a fond smile.

While the others were bickering like a bunch of children, I walked over to him, curious for why he decided to come.

"Hello Yoongi-ssi." I greeted him, bowing slightly.

It was kind of unsettling to see this intimidating man smile, but nice all the same - he had a nice smile after all.

"Hello Y/N."

"You seem  very happy, what's the occasion?"

His smile deepened, "Nothing much really. It's that you, well, you give me hope that there really is a chance to re-vive the old bonds between witches and shifters."

Huh?

"What do you mean by that?"

He'd said something cryptic like that last time already.

He didn't loo like he wanted to give me an answer, didn't get the chance to do so whatsoever, because a very energetic Jungkook glued himself onto my back suddenly arms wrapping around me, "Bunny-- they're being mean."

"Don't think Y/N will be able to protect you from us, Kook!" Taehyung said laughing mischievously.

I laughed, trying my best to get Jungkook off of my back, but wasn't really there mentally, my thoughts wandering off slowly.

Re-vive the old bonds

Just, what did he mean? What happened?

___

please search up 'bat-eared fox', these animals are adorable pls

xx