Nine - Friends Made Over Time

My hands were entangled in Jungkook's thick locks, the boy having his hands pressed against his mouth while he was trying his best to stop fucking purrs to leave his lips.

He tried not to glance over to me, when I shuffled closer clumsily, a sense of victory over coming me, because Yes! I was right!!1!1

"Jungkook..." I whispered, trying not to drive the attention on us while I was doing a very bad job at hiding my excitement, "Are you a shifter?"

My question drove the boy out of his little trance and he swatted my hand away, deep blush blooming over his cheeks.

"H-How did you know?"

"Eh- I read abut the ear thingy and-"

"That's not what I meant!" Jungkook whisper-yelled, making me back up a bit, "How did you know I was one before hand? Because I know you knew before."

There was a little bit of worry in both his tone and expression, as I expected, but there also was something way more innocent, wide-eyed, that I could only describe as awe.

"Well," I whispered dryly, "You weren't being very slick Mr. I-Don't-Know-The-Concept-Of-Personal-Space."

The shifter looked down embarrassed, "m sorry... I- uhm, I mean, we can't really help it."

I'm sure there was a big question mark hanging over my head, but this was not the right time for these kind of questions.

The issue at hand right now, was the endearingly awkward boy sitting next to me, who just turned out to be a wolf-shifter. A wolf-shifter who was slowly scooting closer as the seconds passed.

A lot closer.

"..."

"...Uhm, Jungkook-"

"I'm sorry." He whined, backing off again.

I sat there for a moment, not really knowing what to do with my hands or what to say, until I remembered that we were in fact sitting in class and that I could just distract myself with doing my tasks.

It's weird, how I didn't even know anything about Jungkook, but was suddenly thrust in this position of sharing something with him - his little secret that is.

While attempting to do my task, I glanced over at Jungkook, who'd apparently also decided to just do his work, instead of just staring at me in wonder.

We pointedly ignored each other for a moment, none of us knowing what to say to each other, because what do you say in a situation like that?

Oh my god you can transform into a really big dog!

Wow, and then? We were literally sitting in the middle of class.

...

I'm not that good at doing conversation, I think you figured by now.

Maybe it was just me, but I felt like I could grasp the tension between us, unable to control my nervous fidgeting in my seat.

I jumped a bit startled when I felt a finger hesitantly tap my shoulder, head whipping around to Jungkook, who was quietly pushing a little note in my direction without turning his head away from his notes.

Talk to me after class, art room

Rude.

Couldn't he even put a little 'please' at the end. So demanding, damn.