Uncovered: Chapter 29

I wake up to the sound of my phone ringing right next to my head. I reach over and answer it, bringing it to my ear.

     "Hello?"

     "Hey, you answered!" Kirishima's voice comes through. "Sorry to call you so early."

     I look at the time and sigh quietly.

     "It's alright. What's up?"

     "Well, since you said yes Friday, I assumed you were coming today. Are you?"

     "Oh," I mumble. "Uh, yeah, sure. What time do you need me there?"

     "We start at eleven, so be there just a little before."

     "Alright. Text me the address, I need to get ready. Thank you."

     "Not a problem! We'll see you soon, (L/N)-San!"

     He hangs up before I do.

     It's been a hot minute since someone's called me by my family name. Tokoyami, Shouji, Aizawa, Yamada, and Nemuri all call me by my given name.

     I don't let it bother me. Too much, anyway.

     I slide out of bed and wobble over to the dresser. Opening the top drawer, I pull out a black t-shirt, then opening the drawer beneath for a pair of gray athletic pants.

     I grab a pair of socks after retrieving a yellow hoodie from my closet.

     Or... the closet. It's not mine, not really.

     I shake my head and leave the bedroom, walking to the kitchen.

     I peak around the corner, and Yamada is cooking breakfast while Aizawa does paperwork at the breakfast bar.

     "Uhm, I'm gonna be leaving soon. Ojirou and Kirishima said we could start today."

     Aizawa looks over. "Do you need a ride?"

     "No, I'll be okay. It's only a fifteen minute walk. Thank you, though."

     He nods and turns back to his work.

     Yamada waves with a smile, and I smile and wave back.

     I turn and walk back down the hall, to the bathroom at the far end.

     I close the door behind me and start undressing.

***

     When I get out of the shower, I dry my body and get dressed into the clothes I picked out.

     When I pull my leggings on, I realize I fill them out a little better than I used to. They hug my thighs and backside a little tighter.

     I look in the full-length mirror on the bathroom door and realize, yeah, I'm a little thicker than I used to be.

     I turn to see my side-profile. I smooth a hand over my stomach, then puff my chest out a bit, before slouching again. Oh, the difference.

     I straighten my posture and examine myself, and quickly stop as I realize, damn, I look pretty fucking good.

     I face the mirror again, looking down at my legs.

     "Hey, thick thighs save lives, am I right?" I ask no one in particular, doing finger guns at myself in the mirror.

     My breath hitches and I cringe.

     "What is happening to me, Jesus fucking Christ."