Comfortable: Chapter 18

I give Mezo a tight hug when I see him again, which is after the police and a paramedic arrives. The police officially apprehend the thug while Mezo makes sure I'm really okay.

My back hurts a little and I still feel the major affects of my quirk, like enhanced senses and hyperactivity, but otherwise, I'm fine. I tell the paramedics the same. They clear me.

Aizawa is waiting with folded arms when we get back to the adults.

"So," he starts, "you did a great job, but I'm taking this opportunity to go over apprehension protocol. You did most things correctly."

"Except for the end bit?" I ask.

"Except for the end bit. Always pin the legs. Some villains can kick like a motherfucker."

My friends and I laugh as Present Mic scolds him.

"I think that's enough excitement for today," Present Mic says, shaking his head. "You kids got rides home?"

"Yes, sir," they all sigh. I smile.

"Great. We'll see you tomorrow."

I hug Fumikage and Mezo, and Jirou holds out her hand for an awkward fist bump. I laugh slightly and pull her in for a hug, too.

We eventually go our separate ways. There's an extra skip in my step, one that's not usually there.

"That lady was really nice. She was really grateful. I'm glad Mezo was there, that guy was kinda scary. Nothing I couldn't handle, though! Just a little creepy. Shivers down my spine, let me tell you."

"Did you guys have a child I didn't know about?" Midnight asks with a small laugh. "She's so similar to both of you."

"That's not physically possible," Aizawa says. "Plus, I would've been sixteen. That's weird."

"No kidding," Present Mic says. "She's gonna crash eventually, and she didn't have much caffeine, so it might be pretty soon."

"I say I got twenty minutes," I say, turning around and walking backwards. "And then it's bed time for ya' girl. So we should hurry and get to the house."

I turn around again and sway side to side as I walk. That gets boring after a few seconds so I do a spin every step.

"What is she doing?" Present Mic asks this time.

"Keeping herself busy," Aizawa says, sounding tired. "I've learned to just let her go at this point. She'll level out soon."

"What if, one day, I never calm down again?" I say with a grin. "I'll never sleep. I'll always be moving. I'll never have to be tired again!" I clap my hands together excitedly and stop spinning, facing the three heroes. "My new quirk will be No Sleep! I could be The 24-7 Hero: Insomnia! That sounds so cool!"

"That sounds like actual Hell," Aizawa says. I laugh as I turn toward the exit and walk outside.

I hear a group of people listening to music and pretend to play the drums as I walk. I start to bob my head along to the song when Present Mic comes up next to me and directs me toward the car.

"Do you know how to play any instruments?" I ask. He visibly brightens.

"I do! I can play both electric and acoustic guitar, and I've been learning drums for the past few years. I'm also learning piano and keyboard right now."

"That's so cool! I've always wanted to learn how to play the ukelele because a lot of the music I listen to is Indie. I've never been able to, though, because my walls at my house are really thin." I'm smiling, even though that's sad.