Wallpaper: Chapter 41

Shouji was the first to wake up, as he usually is, right at six in the morning. Tokoyami is up not long after because Shouji was folding his blanket and his phone was somewhere in the mess, flying out when he lifted the blanket and smacking Tokoyami in the face.

Tokoyami now holds an ice pack against the top of his beak, glaring at Shouji from across the table, who sits with his head in his hands and has been stifling laughter for several minutes.

"I said I was sorry."

"Say it without laughing."

"..."

"I thought so."

I shake my head with a small laugh as I carefully shuffle by, on my way to wake Jirou up.

I push open the cracked door and peek in, Jirou still sleeping in the same position I left her in.

"Kyoka," I call, feeling bad for waking her up when she looks so comfortable. She shifts slightly, but doesn't move any further.

"Kyoooka!" I sing-song, stepping into the room with my hands on my hips.

She lifts her head and looks at me, eyes bleary and unfocused.

"I don't... wanna go to school..."

I grin. "Cool, because you're not. It's time to eat."

She groans heavily, collapsing back into her original position.

"Oh, she's a nightmare," I mumble to mostly myself, picking up a pillow off the floor and throwing it at her. "Kyoka!"

She actually sits up this time, alert and dazed. "What?"

"Third time's the fucking charm. Up and at 'em, sleepy head, it's time to eat."

"Jesus," she mumbles, practically crawling out of the bed. "Alright, alright. Just let me get dressed, then I'll be out."

"It's just breakfast, man. Everyone else is in pajamas. Aizawa put Monster in his Frosted Flakes, I think you're okay."

She scrunches her nose, then sighs and follows me out the door. "That sounds so gross."

"Yeah, tell me about it."

***

Shouji, Aizawa and I clean up breakfast as Tokoyami and Jirou straighten up the living room, Yamada having disappeared back to his room a few minutes prior.

Shouji tosses a syrup bottle from the table to me, where I put it in the fridge. Aizawa cleans dishes and looks as though he regrets dumping his Monster into his cereal.

As Shouji rearranges the dining table chairs, he pulls out one, looks at me, then pointedly nods his head at it.

I sigh, sitting down. "You're a gentleman but don't think I won't kill you, too."

"Easy there, Bakugou," Jirou quips and I whip my head around so suddenly that I'm surprised my neck isn't broken.

"Don't compare me to him," I cringe. "He is unhinged."

"You'd make a great pair, then," Aizawa chimes in with his two cents, drying his hands and forearms with a dish towel.

"Are you calling me unhinged?"

"I didn't say that," Aizawa mumbles and sits down.

"It was implied," I scowl, crossing my arms. "I'm not unhinged, just aggressive."