Concrete: Chapter 20

Aizawa and a few students are waiting when I find them.

     "(Y/N), you're going first. I've already figured out two students for you to try and pin. I think you'll enjoy it."

     "Hell yeah." I pause, getting weird looks from other students. "I mean, yes, sir. Or whatever. Yeah."

     I stand off to the side and cross my arms, silently waiting for my friends.

     Tokoyami comes out first, with his amazing cape. Jirou is after him, and Shouji is last.

     Soon enough, everyone has formed an almost perfect semicircle around Aizawa. He's reading names and writing on a clipboard.

     "Alright. Iida, come stand next to me. (Y/N), you too." We do as we're told. Iida gives me an off look. I glare at him, but he can't see it.

     "Iida, you and (Y/N) will stand 20 feet apart from each other in the battle area. This is not a fight. Iida, you will let (Y/N) apprehend you. (Y/N), if or when you successfully apprehend him, you will tell me why you have apprehended him as you did. Is that clear?"

     "Crystal," I mumble, walking to the opposite side of the battle area.

     When Iida is standing opposite me, Aizawa steps back. He raises a hand. "Begin."

     I click the button to uncover my mouth and grab a vile from my side, downing half of it. The mouth piece closes and I slip the vile into my pants' pocket.

     As I wait for my senses to enhance, I observe Iida. I'm not as worried about his spastic arm gestures as I am about his leg strength.

     Smirking to myself, I start backing away. Then I turn and sprint for the wall of the battle area.

     "Wait! Where are you going?" He yells. I ignore him and leap at the wall, waiting for my potential energy to reach its peak before jumping off, and I'm shooting back across the arena. I throw my lower-body weight over my head and my feet hit the opposite wall, so I jump off again.

     Just before I pass Iida, I grab his shoulder, planting my feet on his armored upper back and we both spin several times. When he's disoriented enough, I forced my feet down and push his knees out from under him so he falls onto them. I then use all my weight to force his upper body down, trapping his arms underneath his own weight.

     I leave one hand planted on his upper back and the other on his lower, then use my legs to keep his calves pinned. I feel like an idiot, and I know I look stupid, but it's effective, because he's struggling to move.

     "Excellent. Alright, let him go." I climb off of him quickly and stand up again. 

     "(Y/N), you're 5'4" and just below average weight for a teenager. Please explain how you apprehended Iida, who is half a foot taller than you and about 18 kilograms heavier. Not to mention, a lot stronger."

     "Well, my main concern was his legs. You wouldn't pin him face-up because his engines could kick on and he could escape easily. I pinned him face-down because if he decided to use his engines, he would only be helping me pin his legs down. I also used his own weight against him to keep his arms pinned between his body and the ground. I used my additional weight to keep him in place, although I don't think I'd be able to hold him too long on my own."

     "All great points. Very well done. Iida, come back to the group." Aizawa turns around and points at someone. "You. You're next."

     None other than Bakugou Katsuki steps out of the small crowd. I grimace underneath my mask, mumbling "ew."

     "EW?!" He yells. I roll my eyes. "What's that supposed to mean?!"

     I stare for a few seconds, then say "Ew" again as I turn around and head to my original spot. I hear snickering behind me and smile to myself.

     "Knock it off, you two. (Y/N), pin him. Bakugou, let her."

     "This is stupid," Bakugou grumbles, going to where Iida stood before.

     When Aizawa signals us to begin again, I take a step forward. Bakugou puts his hands up. I frown. I back up and he puts them down. I take another step forward and he lets off a tiny explosion. I smirk to myself.

     "Pinning a villain with a quirk as volatile and dangerous as Bakugou's is an incredibly bad idea. If he were to use his quirk, it puts me, civilians, and other heroes in danger. It could also cause structural damage to any building we're in. The best way to apprehend someone as dangerous as Bakugou would be to contain him in an area large enough so he doesn't feel threatened. Wait for back-up, or someone who can cancel quirks, like Eraserhead.

     "In another scenario, if his quirk was taken, Bakugou is still smart enough to avoid all advances. So you'd distract him with pretty words until someone walks up behind him and gets him for you." I smile as Shouji grabs each of Bakugou's forearms, and Aizawa uses his quirk to cancel Bakugou's.

     Bakugou throws a small fit, but soon realizes that he was beat fairly, and stops.

     "Well done." Aizawa turns around and faces the rest of the students. "Does anyone else have anything they'd like to say?"

     Yaoyorozu raises her hand and I feel my stomach churn anxiously. Aizawa nods.

     "I think (L/N)-San's use of Iida-San's own strength was incredibly perceptive and she did an excellent job. She also managed to disorient him before getting him on the floor, though I worry she may also disorient herself in the process, making her less aware of his position. Could this be dangerous in the future?"

     "Yes, it could, and you're very correct. For someone who is uncoordinated, disorienting someone the way (Y/N) did could be very risky. Although, (Y/N) is very coordinated and skilled with her footwork, as are you, Ashido. Dancing is also a very useful skill when it comes to being a hero.

     "Now, let's move on to the rest of you. Todoroki, you're next."