Again: Chapter 64

"Holy FUCK, dude," is the first thing that enters my ears as I step into the observation room. To my right is Kaminari (the source of the voice), Sero, Kirishima, and Bakugou. To my left is Uraraka and... Asui, I believe is her name, accompanied by Todoroki and Ojirou.

I give Ojirou a friendly wave before turning to the other boys. Ashido bounces over to talk to Asui -- I guess Ochaco and she aren't on speaking terms, still -- and Jirou goes to play on her phone in a corner.

"(Y/N)," Kaminari starts, grabbing my shoulders. "Respectfully, you're the prettiest girl I've ever seen."

I laugh softly, batting him away. "Shut up or I'm gonna end your bloodline, Duracell."

"Yes, ma'am. Sorry, ma'am."

I pat his shoulder with a quiet 'thank you,' then turn to Sero. "How we feelin' about today?"

He shrugs. "A little nervous, I won't lie. Mineta," his eye twitches a bit, "is gonna be a pain to work with, but I think we can pull it off. How about you?"

"I'm... Okay. I don't really feel too strongly in either direction. Like, I'm a little nervous, but only like I'm taking a normal test in class. I'm not excited, either." I pause, perking up and pulling out the eight-inch metal rod attached to my belt. "I lied, I'm super excited. I got this support gear to help me fight with my hands, too. I can't wait to show this off."

He holds his hand out questioningly and I hand it over. He lifts it up and down a few times, looking impressed.

"This is heavy! What does it do?"

"You'll have to wait and see," I say with a grin, taking it back. "You're gonna love it, though. I designed it with that support course girl from the sports festival. She's a damn genius."

"Hatsume?" He asks, looking baffled. "She's insane! She used Iida like a billboard!"

"She's got a brand to promote," I shrug. "If it gets her name out there, then good on her."

"Gaslight, gatekeep, girlboss," Kaminari chimes in, holding his hand out for a high-five. I deliver, clapping our hands together, and Sero laughs.

"I guess?" He shakes his head. "Well, I hope it all works out. We're all rootin' for you!"

He and Kaminari raise their fists in twin cheers and I knock my fists against both of their shoulders, rolling my eyes. "Thank you, weirdos. Good luck to you, too." You're... Gonna need it, boys.

Kaminari gets a quick hug before he practically skips over to Kyoka, who smiles up at him when she sees him near.

I turn to try and find Tokoyami or Shouji, but neither of them are around yet. I make eye contact with Mineta, though, and I give him a wave that barely classifies as polite. He immediately goes a little heart-eyed and I cringe a bit, turning to find... Anyone else, to talk to.

Iida stands in a corner, now accompanying Uraraka and Asui. He... Doesn't really look like he wants to be here, and I kinda understand that feeling.

I step up to the side that isn't occupied by Uraraka and nudge him gently.

"Hey, Class Rep. What's got you down?"

He looks over at me without moving his head, and its a little unnerving. His smile seems a little forced, but I let it slide. "Good morning, (L/N)-San. I suppose I'm just not feeling well. Pre-exam nerves, I'm sure you understand."

I nod. However, the whole class knows about what happened to Ingenium. Everyone knows how much Iida admires his brother. Even if I'm an only child, I could never imagine losing someone I've known my whole life.