Entrance: Chapter 23

Present Mic is home when we get there and he’s immediately greeting me with arms wide open and a flurry of apologies leaving his mouth.

     “I knew I shouldn’t have let you go, I’m sorry, I’m so, so sorry.”

     “Mic-Sensei, it’s fine,” I say, trying to calm him down instead. “You didn’t do anything wrong.”

     “And how are you feeling? Do you need anything?”

     “I’m not amazing, but I’m going to be okay.”

     “Okay, okay, okay,” he gives in, hugging me again. “I’m being forced to worry silently.”

     I laugh softly and he pulls away.

     “I’m almost done with dinner. I want you to go wash up, and it should be ready when you come back down.”

     I nod and turn away, walking to the bathroom at the end of the hall. The door’s open, so I don’t have to knock, and I walk right in. I kick the door shut softly and walk to the sink, looking at my face in the mirror.

     My face is far paler than usual and my lips are dry, chapping, and with an odd purple tinge. I run a finger over the scar on my lips.

     With a sigh, I lean over the sink and turn on the faucet, washing my face with warm water, and then splashing it with cold.

     I wash my hands and dry them before leaving, making my way to the kitchen.

     Present Mic is starting to plate food when I walk in and take the seat diagonal from Aizawa. He sits doing paperwork and occasionally looking at his phone.

     “Alright, put work aside for now,” Present Mic says as he brings over two plates. “Save it for later.”

     Aizawa finishes what he was writing, then puts the papers into a bag that I didn't see on the floor. Present Mic gives Aizawa his plate and then sets mine in front of me. I bow my head quietly and we wait for Present Mic to sit down. He brings his own plate over and takes a seat, bowing his head as well before we start eating.

     “So, (Y/N), it’s entirely up to you whether or not you want to go to school tomorrow.”

     “Um, the lady said that I should do normal things. So that’s what I’m gonna do.”

     Aizawa nods, “That’s a good idea. But if you feel like you need a break, do what you need to.”

     I nod and take another bite of my rice.

***

     I’m standing in a completely white room with padded walls and tiled floors.

     Blood runs down my chin from my mouth. I feel it drip down my neck in small rivulets, then it stains the collar of my shirt, running all the way down my chest. I look down at my bare legs and feet. I’m standing in a large puddle of blood. It doesn’t come up far enough to cover my feet and it feels awful, sticky between my toes. It makes me want to cry.

     I look around and try to find a door, though there is none, and neither are there windows. There’s a single vent, though it’s too small for me to fit through. I sigh and I see my breath.

     I look down again and the puddle of blood is larger than I expected it to be.

     A hand emerges, grabbing my ankle and pulling me below the surface.

***

     I sit up quickly in bed and immediately get hit by a wave of dizziness. I’m breathing heavily and my hands are shaking violently.