one night (sr)

The one where y/n and Spencer have feelings for each other, but neither of them realize the other has those feelings, so the team sets to make it known

~~~~~~~~~~

It was one night that changed their friendship forever in more ways than one.

y/n y/l/n and Spencer Reid were best friends through thick and thin until this night. y/n spent every waking hour together and basically lived together. When she joined the BAU, Spencer was struggling with Dilaudid addiction and she was the only one to make an effort to help. Four years after y/n joined the team, lets just say y/n and Spencer had more than just friendship feelings for each other. However, they were each oblivious to the others feelings.

One night the team went out for drinks after a tough case involving a hallucinating man who was killing on the highway. Penelope and Derek decided this would be the perfect night to play matchmaker for the two youngest members of the team. Before arriving at the bar, the girls went over to y/n's to help her get ready. y/n had been single too long after her last boyfriend who ended up being a creep. Emily found a short baby blue dress in y/n's closet that she knew would make Spencer swoon.

"y/n you need to wear this dress with those silver heels that you wore undercover in our case two months ago" Emily said holding up the dress. JJ and Penelope pushed y/n over to Emily to grab the dress.

"Okay let me go try it on" y/n sighed. "I've been pretty bloated and I think nice pants and a blouse would be fine." y/n grabbed her heels and walked into her bathroom to change. She put on the outfit that was picked out by her closest friends and was shocked. She had no idea she could look this good.

While y/n was getting dressed, Penelope told JJ and Emily about her and Morgan's plan to get y/n and Spencer together, "We need y/n to dress hot. I mean she hasn't gone out since her last guy started hitting on every other girl at the bar. Morgan and I think it is about time pretty boy and pretty girl admit their crushes on each other. The tension when they are in the room together is not normal for two friends."

"I agree," JJ said. "I mean I've known Spence forever and he looks the happiest I've ever seen when he is with her."

"Same with y/n," Emily chimed in. "I mean she lived with me for the first like two years of being on the team and whenever Spencer called she was in a completely different world." Penelope was excited to have all the girls all board with the plan.

y/n walked out of her bathroom after doing her makeup and hair, "How do I look?"

"y/n you look amazing," JJ replied. y/n decided on wearing minimal makeup, her face was already beginning to breakout from the stressful case the team endured. She also kept her hair straight after applying dry shampoo.

"Thanks Jen," y/n said using the nickname only she was allowed to call her teammate. "Are we ready to go?"

"Hell yes," Emily responded. "I need to get my sin to win weekend going." The rest of the girls laughed as they made their way down to JJ's car as she was the designated driver for the night out. The ride to the bar was short being only five minutes from y/n's small apartment. When they arrived, they noticed the rest of the team was already there. They walked into the bar and walked over to the table Dave, Hotch, Morgan, and Spencer were seated. When the guys at the table officially noticed the girls, y/n and Spencer immediately made eye contact. But tonight something was different. Not only did Spencer make eye contact with y/n, y/n could have sworn that he was checking her out. It wasn't like y/n was upset, it was just, strange.

After that, y/n decided to get drinks from the bar for herself and the rest of the girls.

"Here y/n I'll come help," Spencer said running up to help. "You look very nice today y/n, I hope you are doing well. I know that case was tough for you."

y/n smiled, "Thank you Spence. I am doing better after the case, at least better than I thought I would have been doing." y/n began walking away, "And by the way Spence, you don't look bad either." Spencer stood their with his drink in his hand and a blush on his face. The night continued like this, y/n and Spencer would playfully flirt and try to turn each other on with small touches. By the end of the night, both y/n and Spencer were tipsy, not tipsy, but tipsy. They both had enough to drink where their confidence was up, but not enough to where their wasn't consent if they ended up doing anything.

"Hey um I drove here alone and I don't want to drive back alone," Spencer began. "Do you want me to drive you home?"

"I would really appreciate that Dr. Reid," y/n said smirking. As Spencer drove the car, she realized Spencer was taking a different way back to her apartment, "Hey Spence, this isn't the way to my apartment."

"No," he said. "But it is the way to mine."

Words: 895

Pt. 2 to come soon!!

What do you think will happen to y/n and Spencer????!?!?!
ALSO
I need ideas!! My mind is blanking.