the wrong girl (sr)

in which y/n is accused of murder and taken in by the FBI. Spencer is the only one to realize y/n doesn't fit the profile at all and helps get her out.

~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~

"y/n y/l/n, FBI open up," you heard banging from outside her apartment door.

"We're coming in," the man screamed. You stood up. Why in the hell was the FBI coming into your apartment? You ran to the door to make this as peaceful as possible, but your exchange was nothing but peaceful.

"y/n y/l/n you are under arrest for the murders of Elizabeth Smith, Jane Austen, and Francis Williams," a strong, dark man said in your ear while putting her into handcuffs. You were thrown inside a police car. That's when she realized everything wrong with this.

You were dragged inside the police station receiving many concerning looks. You then realized how you looked, last night's makeup on, skimpy pajama shorts, a tight cropped tank top, and UGG slippers from the early 2000s. In short, you looked a mess.

You knew what was going to happen, being familiar with the criminal justice system, you were going to be interrogated until they forced a fake confession out of you or realized they were wrong. They would eventually use your appearance against you, but they also need to look into your life.

Then, they would instantly realize they had the wrong person. You graduated from the top of your class at Michigan and had a fellowship at a hospital in dc. Everyone was giving you disapproving looks as you walked into the interrogation room with tears down her eyes and minimal clothing on.

"I'm SSA Derek Morgan, where were you the night of October eighth?" Derek Morgan, the man that dragged you from your apartment after you attempted to peacefully solve a problem.

"I was at a friend's house, I had just finished a long shift at work and wanted to relax with wine and watch The Bachelorette," you explained calmly. However, Derek did not believe a word you said. This case was hitting Derek personally, he knew one of the females who were murdered. He wasn't going to let anyone just get away with their crimes.

"Don't lie to me, I know you killed them," he growled. "You hit them in the head with a bat then stabbed them until they bled out." You were frightened, crying, trembling. How could anyone accuse you of that? Your anxiety levels were through the roof, yet Spencer was the only one to notice from outside the interrogation room.

Spencer was worried for the safety of you as Derek was being anything but calm, so he called Garcia, "Hey Garcia, are you sure this is the right person, she does not seem to fit the character of our unsub?"

He heard a small gasp over the phone, "Oh no, Spence you're right. y/n y/l/n, top of her class at Michigan and at medical school, she now has a fellowship at the hospital near your apartment. Also, she has extreme anxiety and has a childhood history of abuse. She's not our unsub."

"Shit," Spencer said, thinking of a plan to remove Morgan from the situation he unfortunately put himself into.

"Crap, is my chocolate thunder interrogating her?" Penelope asked. The sigh that left Spencer's mouth was all she needed to know before hanging up. Spencer looked into the interrogation room and saw you, so helpless, tremble with fear as Derek continuously yelled in your face and pounded the table with his fists. Reid immediately ran into the room.

"Derek stop," Spencer said, but Derek didn't listen. "Derek, stop she is not the unsub. Garcia got the wrong person, she has not fit the profile since she walked into the station." Derek backed away from you with a look of guilt on his face. Derek quickly left the room as Spencer made his way over to you, whilst you were shaking with fear.

"Hi," Spencer said as he awkwardly walked up to you. "My name is Doctor Spencer Reid. I'm 28, just like you and I know from seeing your apartment that you like to read." You looked at Spencer with a strange expression on your face. How does he know what my apartment looks like? "I'm not a stalker, I just have an eidetic memory so it wasn't hard to remember what your apartment looked like."

"Yeah I like to read," you said quietly. "It helps me get away from reality. I double majored and English literature was one of them. Before I went to Med School, obviously" Spencer smiled, finally seeing someone with the same passion for books as him.

"Well I looked at your information and it seems as if you are pretty smart," Spencer said attempting to calm you down. "I actually have an IQ of 187."

"Nice I have 182," you said smiling. "I'm studying to be a doctor and I've never met someone with a higher IQ than me." Spencer was in a trance by the beautiful girl in front of him.

"Here, let me take you back to your apartment," Spencer said. "And don't say no, we live in the same apartment building so it would be stupid of me to not take you back." You giggled, surprised you never met the man before. "Here is a jacket, you're not wearing much."

"Sorry it's not that easy to get more clothes on when the FBI is pounding on your door," you said sarcastically, causing Spencer to laugh. Spencer took you to his car and drove you to your apartment building. You and Spencer walked up to your apartment talking about your shared interests in reading, teaching, learning, and eating takeout.

"Thank you for taking me home Spence," you said with a smile on her face. "I really appreciate it." And with that you walked into your apartment. Spencer contemplated what he should do, should he walk to his car or knock on the door to get your number.

Less than a minute after settling into your apartment, you heard a knock on her door, "Hel- oh hi Spencer!"

"Give me your phone," Spencer demanded.

"What?"

"I'm trying to give you my number y/n, please give me your phone." you looked at Spencer looking for signs that he was joking. But he wasn't. You immediately gave Spencer your phone and Spencer quickly typed his number in.

"Call me," Spencer said, smirking.

You were definitely going to call him later.

Words: 1048

a/n: i really hope you all are liking my one-shots. i'm going to try to publish more and more, but school is getting ~intense~

LEAVE REQUESTS IF YOU HAVE ANY