my boys (sr)

The one where y/n looks back at memories of her pregnancy while watching her son and her husband

~~~~~~~~~~

y/n heard a giggle from the kitchen as she was making her and her husband's bed. She walked into the kitchen to see what was happening once she finished cleaning up the bedroom. When y/n walked into the kitchen, she saw her husband, Spencer, and their son, Jason Morgan Reid, doing work together on their kitchen table. Spencer was working on files from his work and the young boy was coloring in his new paw patrol coloring book. Jason was now three and beginning to explore his creative outlets.

y/n saw Spencer teach Jason how to hold his crayon. She watched the pair interact from a distance. She felt beyond happy that her two favorite people were so well bonded. y/n knew Spencer was worried about his relationship with their kids due how much time his job takes up.

Four years earlier

Spencer walked into the house after a long day of work to find y/n on the couch. y/n had recently put up temporary resignation from the BAU after an accident that left y/n at the hands on an unsub for two weeks. Today, however, was different. y/n wasn't her perky self. She wasn't waiting for Spencer at the door, or making him a nice home cooked dinner. She was sitting on the couch looking almost lifeless. y/n had taken a pregnancy test earlier in the day, a positive pregnancy test. The pair had only been married less than six months and had yet to talk about children. Of course they knew that pregnancy could always happen if they were having sex, but y/n thought wearing condoms and being on the pill was enough.

"y/n sweetie, is something wrong?" Spencer asked worriedly. He didn't know what to expect, was she going to divorce him? Had he done something wrong?

y/n was worried for the same reason. She thought that having a child would ruin his career, ruin his life. She couldn't run from the problem, but she wasn't going to have an abortion. She could just leave Spencer without any notice, but she knows all he's been through and knows he's had a troubled life. She didn't know how to say it, so she said nothing, but as Spencer sat down next to her on the couch, she burst into tears. Spencer grabbed onto her and held her like he always did when she cried. He could barely hear what the sobbing girl was saying.

"Honey, I don't know what you're saying," Spencer calmly said. "You're worrying me, what's wrong?"

"I'm pregnant Spence," y/n said in between choked sobs. Spencer realized why she had been upset. they had never talked about children, even though it was obvious they both wanted them.

"Shhh, baby this is great news," Spencer responded softly. "We're going to be parents. We're going to have a baby. Holy shit, I'm going to be a dad." y/n laughed at her husband's excitement.

"Why were you scared to tell me?" Spencer asked. Even though he knew the answer, he wanted to hear y/n's explanation.

"Well first of all, We've never even talked in a serious discussion about having children Spence," y/n said. "And second, I didn't even know if you wanted them now. I mean you're thriving at your job. Adding a baby to the mix would just make your job harder on you. I just want to make you happy Spence." That was it, Spencer in that moment realized that y/n was scared that the baby would make him want to leave. He knew about the whole job part of the nervousness, but he was surprised to find out she was worried that he wouldn't be happy.