love (mgg)

The one where Matthew messes up, big time

~~~~~~~~~~

With Matthew constantly working on criminal minds, spending holidays together was not a certainty in your relationship.

However, this Valentine's day he was determined to spend it with you. It was your first Valentine's together and he wanted it to be special.

"Hey baby, happy Valentine's day," You said. "I've tried to call you, but you keep going to voicemail. I thought you said you didn't have filming today? Call me."

Matthew had told you he got the day off filming, but her he was, not answering your calls or texts. You texted Kirsten early in the day where she informed you Matthew did have to film.

Why did he lie to you?

Your relationship with Matthew had been somewhat off recently. He was strangely distant and it almost seemed like he wanted to work instead of spend time with you. This Valentine's day however, you decided that you weren't going to let Matthew ruin it.

Junior year of high school was the last time you had spent Valentine's day with your boyfriend. He ended up gay.

Your Valentine's day plans were limited. Since Matthew had been distant, you didn't really know what he wanted to do. You made reservations for dinner at your and Matthews favorite restaurant for 7, which was four hours away.

Matthew had yet to contact you and to say you were pissed was an understatement. However, you decided not to contact him until he contacted you. You didn't want to look like a clingy girlfriend.

Three hours had passed and you were drying your hair after a nice shower. There was no call, text, or voicemail from Matthew and you were getting concerned. Not only were you concerned for Matthew, you were concerned for your relationship. Why was he so distant? Was he going to break up with you?

You decided to go to the restaurant and wait for him. Before, you sent him a quick text.

Heading to the restaurant.
Meet me there I miss you

Knowing you probably wouldn't get a response, you headed to the restaurant.

You were still upset that he hadn't been talking to you for the past few days. At first it was small and then it was barely at all. Getting to the restaurant, you debated going inside and waiting or staying in your car. If Matthew wasn't going to come, you didn't want to look like a fool.

MATTHEW'S POV

I was in my trailer getting my hair and makeup done for the last scene of the day when Kirsten came barging in.