kids (sr)

The one where Spencer doesn't want kids, until he does

~~~~~~~~~~

"Spence, do you ever want kids?" you asked your husband of one year. You were deep in thought laying in bed one morning and decided to ask, better now than never.

He looked at you shocked. Neither of you had ever brought up the topic of kids due to the intensity of your jobs at the BAU. However, after working together for four years, Spencer knew you wanted to have a family some time in your life.

"I don't really know babe," Spencer said. "I love kids, but you know, there is the schizophrenia gene." You nodded, understanding that Spencer was too nervous to pass the gene or have the gene show later in his life and have his kids live through what he did.

"That's okay Spence," you responded. "We still can be with Jack, Henry, Micheal, and Hank. Now, let's go to work, we have a case." You and Spencer got out of bed and got dressed. Spencer was in the kitchen making you both coffee, when you got the call from Hotch to come to the office ASAP.

"It's not good," Hotch told you. "We have a baby missing and dead parents. Baby was stolen from the hospital earlier this morning and the parents were killed."

"How old is the baby?" you asked, looking at Spencer who was pouring you a cup.

"He was born yesterday," Hotch said softly. "We need to find this baby and find it soon."

"Okay we will be right in."

Cases involving children hit you hard now that you had been your friends have children. It was hard to think of a newborn growing up without their parents. You were fortunate enough to live a great life with your parents and siblings and now with Spencer.

"What did Hotch say the case was?" Spencer asked, rushing alongside you to the car.

"He said that a newborn was taken from a hospital and the parents were shot in the room," you answered.

"Well if the hospital has good cameras, it shouldn't be difficult to find the unsub and the baby," Spencer said. You looked at him and smiled, glad he didn't spew any statistics or negative facts. You quickly were able to make it into the BAU, the last ones to make it in, and immediately start to look through visitor logs and personal family information. You knew the unsub would most likely be female or a family member. Many newborn abductions were caused by a female.

While you were looking through the visitor log, Garcia ran into the conference room and pulled up security footage on the screen, "I think I found our unsub. This woman was seen pacing back and forth through the halls for multiple hours and then vanishes. But as I did some deeper digging, I noticed that she is also the nurse that is seen early in the film and at the end of the footage."

"So our unsub is a nurse?" Emily asked. "That makes sense especially if she was their labor and delivery nurse. We should look at everyone who participated in the delivery because our unsub may not be a visitor at all." You nodded and called the hospital, Spencer giving you a reassuring back rub. The hospital said they would send you the list of nurses and doctors that tended to the victims.

Looking over the list of nurses, you showed them all to Garcia who began to look them up, "Wait Jackie Adams?" you asked.

"Yes, she is one of the nurses," Derek said.

"I know her," you said. "We went to high school together. I never thought she would go into medicine, let alone labor and delivery."

"What do you mean?" JJ asked.

"Well when we were in junior year she was raped and was so badly beaten they had to give her a complete hysterectomy," you explained. "She always wanted kids and then, poof, she couldn't ever have any."

"That must be the motive, but why this family?" Rossi asked. "What is her connection to Liza and Matt Jacobs?"

"Matt Jacobs, like Matthew Jacobs?" you said, the team nodded at you. "It was Matthew. Matthew went to a neighboring high school and went to prom with one of our friends, Liza. No one believed he raped her besides me, Liza completely dropped her. Eventually, Jackie left the school."

"So that's the trigger," Hotch said. "Jackie saw that Matt and Liza were getting what Matt ripped away from her and decided to do something about it. We need to go to her house now." You all ran out to the SUVs and began to drive off.

One car was just you, Spencer and Emily, your best friend, "y/n you never told me about this," Spencer said.

"It's never come up, honestly I wanted to forget that it ever happened."

"What do you mean," Emily asked.

"Matt Jacobs was my best friend and a great guy on the outside, but he was manipulative and a terrible person on the inside," you explained, shuddering at the thought of your past.

"He did it to you too, didn't he," Spencer inquired. "That's why you couldn't remember, you we-"

"Don't profile me," you said shortly. "I never said anything because Matt Jacobs doesn't define me. My past doesn't define me. I never told anyone because I saw what happened to Jackie. Everyone looked at her like scum, like she deserved it. I can't believe there was a moment I believed Matt." Spencer suddenly had a realization, you wanted kids because you knew someone who went through what you did couldn't. You were lucky and you wanted to make sure you knew it, you wanted a reminder that you survived, you got the long stick.

Arriving at Jackie's house, the team decided you should take initiative in going to talk to Jackie, "Jackie Adams, FBI."

After Derek kicked down the door, you all went on a hunt for Jackie. Looking into a small room that looked like a nursery, you walked inside, "Jackie?" you asked.

She turned around looking at you, the baby sleeping in her arms, "y/n? y/n y/l/n? I didn't mean to do it. I swear."

"Jackie, I know what Matt did to you and how Liza betrayed you," you started, the team walking in behind you. "What happened to you was wrong, but you can't take it out on the baby. I know what Matt did to you because he did it to me too. I never told anyone because I saw what happened to you. No one was going to believe me. But Jackie, trust me Matt and Liza got their revenge. They are dead. Let the baby go."

Jackie put the baby in the crib as JJ ran up to cuff her. You ran over to the baby making sure it was okay.

"Is there any family for us to give the baby to?" you asked Hotch.

"I think Matt's brother is back at the station," Hotch answered. "I assumed you wanted to give him the baby as you know him." You nodded holding the sleeping baby and walking into the SUV. Spencer stood in awe of how natural you were with the baby, realizing he wanted that life with you. The ride to the station was quick and the send off of the baby to Matt's brother was even quicker. Hotch let the team leave, allowing you all to start paperwork the next day.

You and Spencer quickly went home and ordered Thai food, the best way to finish a rough day. Sitting next to each other watching reruns of The Office while waiting for your food, Spencer spoke up, "I was wrong earlier."

"What do you mean?" you asked genuinely confused.

"I mean that I was wrong, I do want to have kids with you y/n," Spencer explained. "I want us to have kids, our own kids. The gene is always a threat, but if it means having kids with you, I could care less."

"You mean that?"

"Hell yeah, you are a natural. I've seen it with Jack, Henry, Micheal, and Hank, and today I saw it with that baby."

"Well maybe after dinner, we can practice making a baby," you said suggestively.

"The food shouldn't be here for around thirty minutes," Spencer said. "I can do it in 15." You laughed as Spencer began to take off your shirt.

"Wait, Spence, are you being serious?"

"Obviously"

Words: 1408

a/n: swag i love dad spence and i will forever say that