dr. reid (sr)

The one where Spencer is y/n's new professor at college, but he is awfully familiar

~~~~~~~~~~

y/n y/l/n was the top of her class at Georgetown University during her senior year. After completing all the necessary classes in order to complete her degrees in Political Science and Government as well as Psychology, she decided to take a simple criminology course to increase her knowledge in both of her majors.

As y/n walked into the lecture hall where her Criminology class would be taking place, she heard whispers.

y/n walked closer to listen to the conversation and over heard who she assumed to be a fellow classmate, "the teacher of the class is so cute. There is no way he was in the FBI as a part of the BAU."

FBI agents can be cute? y/n wondered to herself. She had always believed FBI agents would be egocentric men with misogynistic personalities even though they would typically struggle to get with a female. y/n quickly walked into the classroom in order to get a good seat, as she assumed the front seats would be taken up since the teacher was "cute".

Before even looking at the professor, y/n walked to the middle of the lecture hall and sat at the end seat. She was taking out her notebook and laptop when she finally noticed the professor. He most definitely was cute. He had dark brown hair, was tall, a little lanky and definitely did not look like he was an FBI agent. She looked at the chalkboard on the wall in front of her. Dr. Spencer Reid.

After an accident involving Linda Barnes, Spencer Reid was placed as a professor at Georgetown University and in the FBI Academy. He was in no way excited. He was devastated to leave his team and his home at the BAU and all because of Linda Fucking Barnes. He was however, excited to see the amount of student who came to his class. He was beyond surprised to see the amount of people, especially females, who decided to take this class as this class was typically male dominated.

The young professor looked familiar to y/n. She didn't know how, but y/n felt as if she remembered the man.

"Hello" Spencer said awkwardly attempting to gather the attention of his students. "I am Dr. Spencer Reid. I was apart of the FBI's Behavioral Analysis Unit. In the BAU my team and I would basically use the behavior of the unsub to narrow down our search. More often than not it was difficult, but I am very excited at how many of you are taking this class." Spencer looked at the class and noticed only a few students had notebooks or laptops. "Um also if you don't have a notebook I have pieces of paper, but you will need that."

y/n finally remembered how she knew him. She remembered back to three nights ago at the bar she went to with her friends.

"y/n I dare you to talk to that guy over there" her friend said. "The one that is tall, lanky, and definitely a nerd." The rest of their friends laughed as well as y/n.

y/n walked up to the man with a smirk on her face, "what is a guy like you doing all alone."

The man looked at y/n with slight confusion evident on his face, "what makes you think I'm here alone?"

"Well you've been standing here and looking around like you're waiting for someone for thirty minutes," y/n said. "And I don't think anyone is going to come. I'm y/n."

"I'm Spencer."

"How would you say we got out of here Spencer?"

The next morning y/n woke up with a strong grasp on her waist in an unfamiliar apartment. She had no recollection of the night before besides the dare her friend gave her. She heard the man behind her shift.

"What time is it?" The man asked.

"6:45" y/n responded.

"Shit I have to get to work," the man said. "I'm Spencer by the way. Spencer Reid."

"y/n y/l/n. I am going to shower and then leave I promise I will leave."

"That's fine," Spencer replied. "Last night was great."

Fuck. She slept with her teacher. This was like Ezra and Aria or Meredith and Derek.

Luckily, class went by quickly. Most of the time Spencer went over the syllabus and class expectations as well as beginning the first lesson.

Before y/n was able to make it out of the classroom, she was stopped, "Ms. y/l/n, can you please stay for a moment."

y/n walked over to her professors desk, "Yes Dr. Reid?"

"y/n I remember you and I know you remember me" Spencer said. "You didn't look up all class, so it was easy to figure out it was actually you."

"Please Dr. R-"

"Don't Doctor Reid me, y/n." Spencer said cutting the student off. "I know you would like to forget the night happened, but I did enjoy it."

"Spencer, I don't even remember what happened that night after we got to your apartment," y/n said hoping he understood she wanted this to be professional.

"Well Ms. y/l/n" Spencer began. "I am assuming that we will need to try it out again then."

"Dr. Reid I would like us to keep this professional" y/n plead.

"Then lets start with this y/n, come get coffee with me and we can try this" Spencer said. "I really enjoy you. I know you remember the conversations we had in my car on the way to my apartment. We have a lot of common interests. Even if you aren't into a relationship with me, I think we could be friends."

y/n thought for a moment until she answered, "Okay Dr. Reid, but you are paying for my coffee."

Words: 950