the pact (sr)

The one where y/n and Spencer are best friends a make a pact to have a baby together now that they are older.

~~~~~~~~~~

Spencer Reid has been your best friend since forever, literally. You both grew up in Las Vegas as child prodigies, but eventually separated after high school. He went to CalTech, you went to Johns Hopkins. You lost contact almost completely after the split, but began to contact more after the first two years of college. Spencer was working hard on his Phds and you were suffering in med school, wanting to become a pediatrician.

It wasn't until Spencer told you about his job in the FBI that you realized how close you would be. You had recently taken an internship at a doctors office near D.C. From that day forward, you and Spencer were attached at the hip. Well almost. With Spencer being gone so much, you talked mainly through text or call.

Now, years later, you and Spencer are both in your late thirties and painfully single. A little over seven years ago you got the joy of meeting Spencer's team, they were all very kind but saw you as female Spencer. Except you did get a little bit of loving from a specific older teammate of Spencer over the years. But that is a story for another time.

Being so old and single poses many challenges. While you love a good tinder hookup or sugar daddy arrangement, you wanted to settle down and begin a domestic life with someone. That's when you came up with the best and worst idea you have ever thought of.

"Spencer how would you feel if we had a baby together?" you asked, at your normal Friday movie night.

Spencer immediately spit out his drink, "What?"

"Sorry, bad idea," you quickly said, rushing up to get paper towels.

"No, not a bad idea," Spencer responded. "I think it is relatively smart. We are best friends who basically live together. I think it would work out very well. Would this be a sort of platonic situation?"

"Most likely," you said.

"I think we should see how it goes," Spencer chimed. "If we work, that's great. If we are better parenting as friends, that is also fine."

You nodded your head in agreement, "So how should we do this?"

"Maybe we could, you know, do it," Spencer answered. "I mean it might be weird since we've known each other since we were like six, but I can't lie and say I haven't thought of you before."

Shocked by the bluntness is Spencer's answer, you responded with the same bluntness, "Same."

Spencer immediately pulled you into a heated kiss, "My bedroom, now."

To say that night went well was an understatement. Less that three weeks later you missed your period and you also were extremely nauseous. You immediately went to the store and texted Spencer a quick I think it might have worked, letting you know soon. Rushing into the store, you were stopped by Penelope Garcia.