hotch's assistant (sr)

The one where y/n is Hotch's new assistant (basically the teams communications liaison) and Spencer is very jealous of their "relationship"

~~~~~~~~~~

y/n y/l/n was new to the BAU, she was the baby. She had training in the FBI Academy, but she was not the strongest in the field. She was outspoken, often times being completely ignored by the team. Her position on the team consisted of being Hotch's assistant. She made sure he slept and helped him with paperwork.

The team liked y/n, a lot. She was kind, smart, and easy to get along with. y/n quickly became friends with Penelope, JJ, and Emily. She also quickly became a younger sister to Derrick. Rossi and Aaron had become her surrogate dads.

Then there was Spencer Reid.

They were friends. They talked on the jet, sometimes over text, about their common interests. They both liked books and classical music. They both watch Star Trek.

You'd think they'd be best friends, as did y/n and the rest of the team, but something was holding Spencer back. Maybe it was the fact y/n had taken over as youngest member of the BAU, or that y/n often knew the facts he would state also.

Or, maybe it was because of the way y/n's hair flowed over her shoulders. Maybe it was because y/n's eyes made Spencer's knees weak.

Spencer's crush on y/n was obvious to every but y/n. Literally so obvious. Spencer always looked at her, always listened to was she said, and always got jealous when he'd see her and Hotch in his office laughing. Spencer hated how close y/n and Hotch were. He hated how y/n called Hotch Aaron. Everyone called him Hotch, so why does she feel the need to call him Aaron.

"Spencer calm down," Derek said. "Just ask her out to a dinner of Thai food at your house and watch Star Trek then read her a book. It's not hard."

"Why does she look so happy with Hotch?" Spencer asked completely ignoring Derek.

"Don't be jealous man. Hotch is her boss, she literally is with him all the time. She does not leave until he leaves because she can't. She was hired to make sure he was still sleeping." Derek said.

Spencer looked at y/n and decided today was the day he was going to ask her on a date. y/n and Hotch walked out of his office.

"Go home Aaron," y/n said. "Your son misses you and so does your bed. Get some sleep before you are taken away on another case. I can do the extra paperwork, no biggie." y/n gave her boss a hug and walked down to talk to the rest of the team.

"Hey guys" y/n said giggling. The team said their hellos back. "I just wanted to say hi before I am sucked into doing Aaron's work he hasn't been able to complete today. But I really have to go if I want to be back home to watch the new episode of Star Trek." The team gave y/n a hug knowing she would most likely not look their way while she was helping Hotch catch up on work.

When the rest of the team was leaving, Spencer stayed behind to make sure y/n left. Often on nights like these, y/n ended up sleeping in her office after finishing paperwork. Around 8:30 Spencer realized it was almost time for Star Trek to start.

y/n flinched when she heard a knock on her door, "Come in" she said not wanting to be rude.

"It is 8:30 which means Star Trek starts soon and you need to leave" Spencer said in attempts to encourage y/n to leave.

"Spence, I have a lot of work to finish for Aaron" y/n sighed.

"Finish it tomorrow" Spencer suggested. "I'm sure Hotch will understand." y/n nodded knowing her boss would fully understand and began packing her things.

"y/n I was wondering if you wanted to watch the new episode at my house and we could get Thai food or something" Spencer said suddenly.

"Like a date?" y/n asked.

"y/n I really like you and it's okay if you d-" y/n cut Spencer off with a kiss.

"Shut up Spence" y/n smiled. "You are literally the only one who doesn't realize how much I like you. I'd love to go on a date with you."

"So it's a date?" Spencer questioned.

"Yes it is, but only if you are paying."

Words: 714

a/n: i'm rewatching crim and i definitely have changes in many, many opinions