breakup, makeup (sr)

The one where y/n and Spencer breakup because y/n doesn't want kids, then a case from her hometown brings up issues they never discussed.

~~~~~~~~~~

y/n and Spencer have been in a relationship for two years. Things were going great until a few weeks ago.

"y/n why do you not want kids with me?" Spencer would scream.

"Its not that I don't want kids with you Spence, I don't want kids at all with anyone" y/n would say back in attempts to be calm. "Don't take it personally, its not you its me."

"Yes y/n it is you" Spencer yelled. "And I need a break."

"A break?" y/n said lightly.

"Yes y/n" Spencer said sharply. "A break. I want this to be over. I'm done. I need someone who wants what I want. A family, my family."

After the breakup, y/n was off. She was off for everyone on the team and they all saw it. Spencer had told JJ about the breakup and y/n told Hotch and Garcia, so soon enough all the team was aware the once perfect couple was over. The team was shocked when they found out what the fight was over as y/n was great with children, especially babies. Emily, Garcia, Rossi, and Derek would call her a natural, but Aaron and JJ knew that the talent she had wasn't a natural one.

"We have a case," Hotch said to the team who was located in the bull pin. "Garcia begin please."

"We will be traveling to Cleveland, Ohio. There is a serious of mysterious child abductions in the area. All kids are males between the ages of three and six. All of them have blonde hair and green eyes and all of them are kept for four days before they are found near Lake Erie." y/n groaned at the mention of not only her hometown, but the lake she was fond of. The lake she grew up on and took the team on many trips to visit. She also however, felt sick at the mention of child abductions.

One thing most of the team, besides Hotch, didn't know about y/n was her son. y/n of course, knew it was wrong to keep him a secret but she thought it was best in the interest of his safety. y/n's son, Matthew, was 6 and living with y/n's brother. That's the other thing, he was kept a secret because y/n didn't want to tell everyone she was a teen mom. y/n had her son at the age of nineteen when she was in college. She knew it would probably come out during this case and was mortified at what Spencer's and the rest of the teams reactions would be.

"Okay, wheels up in thirty" Hotch said. "y/l/n can you please come to my office real quick." y/n walked to Aaron's office quickly. "I assume you are going to see Matthew while we are here."

"Yes I was just texting him to let him know I was coming in town" y/n said. "I feel like I haven't seen him in ages, but Hotch I have a feeling this is going to be the time the team finds out. I think I've been hiding this secret too long."