halloween (mgg)

The one where you and Matthew have your first Halloween with your son

~~~~~~~~~~

Halloween was your husband Matthew's favorite holiday. In general, fall was his favorite time of the year. After three years of dating and two years of marriage, you had to say fall was definitely the best time to be his partner. Now with a small child, you were worried about what you would do this Halloween.

"y/n, what do you want to be for Halloween this year?" Matthew asked.

"I don't know, maybe we should incorporate Griffin in the costume in some way," you answered. Ever since you found out you were pregnant, you and Spencer thought about what you would do if the baby was born too close to Halloween. Luckily, Griffin Gray Gubler was born almost a whole month early so there was no interference with Halloween.

"That would be cute," Matthew said, giving you a kiss on your head. "Maybe we can look for ideas later." You nodded as you went back to looking at your son.

Matthew decided to begin setting up the Halloween decorations around the house. He unfortunately couldn't put all the decorations out as some might have been too loud or frightening for your baby. You didn't want things that made random, loud noises to be around the house while you already were getting maybe ten hours a week of sleep. Matthew picked up his fog machine and came to ask if it was okay to put out, but when he walked in he saw you and your son asleep in the rocking chair. Quickly, he grabbed his phone and took a photo before leaving and letting you sleep.

When you woke up to the sound of Griffin crying, Matthew was quick to grab him from you, "Matthew, you didn't need to do that."

"Go back to sleep honey, you need it," Matthew responded, ushering you towards the master bedroom. While you went back to sleep, Matthew attempted to calm down your son.

"What do you want to be for Halloween?" Matthew asked Griffin. Griffin looked up at his father in amusement. "Why did I ask you, you don't know what I am saying." Matthew sat on the ground next to Griffin, who was laying down, and began to look up costume ideas as well as snack ideas.

You both had decided to have your friends and family over for a Halloween party and so they could see Griffin. Since you and Matthew live a relatively private life, the public didn't know much about your son. They didn't know much about your marriage in general.

After looking through Pinterest and finding almost nothing, he decided to text your best friend and his ex-cast mate Kirsten. Kirsten is the reason you two met. Back in the middle seasons of the show, you had a reoccurring role as Spencer's girlfriend Maeve. You didn't particularly like the character or the relationship between Spencer and Maeve. Quickly after you and Matthew became close, as well as you and the rest of the cast. Hence why you made so many appearances, even seven seasons after your death.

"Hey Kirsten," Matthew said over the phone in that one voice.

"Matthew, what do you need my dear friend and lover of my other friend?" Kirsten answered. Oftentimes, you and Matthew couldn't tell if Kirsten was acting during her show.

"What should y/n, Griffin, and I be for Halloween this year?" Matthew asked. "I've never done something for a trio, but I remembered that you could think of things for three or four people to dress up as."

Kirsten laughed over the phone, "Maybe you three should be Velma, Shaggy, and Scooby. I mean you would be Shaggy, y/n would be Velma, and my little sunshine baby would be Scooby."

"Kirsten, you are a genius," Matthew said over the phone. "I am already buying a dog costume for Griffin right now. Should I get it a size big? I mean Halloween isn't for another two weeks."

"Yeah, even though he probably won't grow too much, I think he would rather have a loose costume over a tight costume," Kirsten began. "Especially since he will probably wear it most of the day."

"Thank you so much Kirsten," Matthew beamed. "You do not know how much you have helped me." You walked into the room as Matthew ended the phone call with Kirsten.

"Why did you call Kirsten?" you asked.

"I needed help and he helped me figure out our costume situation," he explained. "y/n, she is truly a genius. We are going to be Velma and Shaggy and Scooby."

You laughed, "That's a great idea Gray, we fit the role perfectly. Now, I have to start looking for my costume." Matthew laughed as he grabbed Griffin and headed towards your bedroom to look for the costume. Easily, you were able to find clothes to fit the Velma look and Matthew the Shaggy look. Matthew told you he bought Griffin a small dog costume he believed resembled Scooby.

Two weeks had passed and it was now time for your guests to arrive at your house for the party. You and Matthew had spent the two days prior making and preparing foods and snacks as well as preparing the house. When you heard the first knock on the door, you were just putting on Griffin's costume.

"I'll go get it," Matthew said, giving you a kiss on the cheek. Matthew walked to the door only to find Kirsten, Shemar, and Paget on the other side.

"Hey man," Shemar said, pulling Matthew into a hug. "Kirsten said you three were going to be Scooby Doo characters. I always knew you could pull off Shaggy." Matthew laughed as you came in behind them holding your baby.

"Hi everyone!" You beamed with excitement, knowing the girls would take the baby so you and Matthew could have some space. You were right, Paget and Kirsten immediately rushed over to the baby begging to hold him. "Yes, please take him." You passed the baby over to Paget and surprisingly, you didn't hear any screams.

Walking over to Matthew, he engulfed you into a hug as friends continued to come through the door.

"I love you so much," Matthew whispered in your ear. "I never realized how amazing it is to spend my favorite day with my favorite people. Maybe next year we should spend it with only us three."

You looked up at him, "I think that would be amazing, but I do have to say I look pretty hot for only being five weeks post baby."

Matthew laughed, "You look hot all the time baby. Now I think we should take pictures, our costume is pretty amazing."

Words: 1109

a/n: first Matthew imagine hope you like it baes