family snuggles (sr)

The one where you finally get time with your family

*not my gif*
~~~~~~~~~~

When you and Spencer had your first child, Matthew, two years ago you knew it would eventually take a toll seeing Spencer was gone so often.

You opted to step down in your job as full time agent on the team to "from home communications liaison" as you called it. Your new position allowed for you to stay close home with Matthew even when you were working on a case.

After particularly hard cases when Matthew was a baby, Spencer would come home and hold Matthew for hours.

"Spencer, what are you doing?" you asked at 2 am one morning after Spencer finally returned.

Spencer shushed you, "I need to be close to reality. I need to know everything is real."

You looked at your husband and your child in his arms. A feeling of contentment washed over you as you saw Matthew so peaceful in his arms.

Walking over to the pair, you whispered, "You will see him tomorrow, please, Spencer, you need to sleep."

Spencer nodded, rubbing his eyes. He put Matthew back into his crib and walked with you into your room.

This was how Spencer typically was after cases until Matthew turned one. Once Matthew turned one, his bubbly happy baby personality showed constantly, but he was a complete ass when he would get awoken in the night. Spencer had to find a new way to get to snuggle Matthew.

You felt bad for Spencer, you knew he craved the attachment to Matthew he wasn't able to have because of him job.

"I think I might quit," Spencer said one morning after a tough case.

"Spence, you can't let one tough case make you want to quit," you advised, feeding Matthew his eggs.

Spencer looked at Matthew fondly, "I wouldn't quit quit, but I would do what you do. I'm missing too much time with him y/n. I could consult on cases from the office and home, spend more time with Matthew, and you." You smiled. Spencer had recently made it clear that he felt the romance in your relationship was lacking. Less dates, less nighttime talks, less sex. And this was all caused by a lack of time together. Spencer missed quickies in the office and the plane and the bathroom. Hell, so did you.

"Well, Spencer, that choice is yours," you said. "If you want to step back in your position that would be lovely and if not, totally fine. I, um, I have actually thought of going to teach at Georgetown recently. They offered me a job, but I wouldn't be able to take it now." Spencer's eyes were wide in shock. "I know it's kind of sudden-"

"They offered me a job too," He interrupted. "In the science department, but still."

You laughed, "So are we now going to be part-time FBI agents and part-time college professors?" Spencer smiled and nodded, leaning over the kitchen island to give you a kiss.

Next to you, Matthew began to fuss, "What is it buddy?" Spencer asked. "Do you want attention too?" Matthew nodded and lifted his hands up to be held. Spencer lifted him up and walked over to give you a hug. "I'm going to need to call Emily."

"She's totally going to understand," you said, noticing his anxiety. "She loves you and Matty so much."

Spencer laughed, "Did you know she talks about you a lot?" You gave him a confused look. "She misses working with you and says having kids has ruined girls nights."

You smirked, "Well with you home more, I can do more girls nights, isn't that right?"

Spencer frowned, "I guess so." Matthew yawned and rested his head on Spencer shoulder.

"Do you need a nap Matty?" you asked. "You were up so late last night, wanted to see daddy. Honestly I'm kind of tired too." Spencer nodded in agreement and you three walked upstairs. Spencer began to walk Matthew into his room, but you stopped him. "Spencer can you bring him to our bed?"

"Of course, any reason?" he asked, seeming concerned.

You half smiled, "I want to cuddle with my boys."

"Family cuddles, I could get used to that," Spencer said.

Words: 698

a/n: i am deeply sorry for my lack of writing. i have been cranking out a long one that i lost inspiration for. but now i am back!!! finally.