smaller than this (sr)

The one where Spencer is blind to see your problem and you are insecure because your best friend is so perfect.

~~~~~~~~~

TW: EATING DISORDER (if this topic is uncomfortable for you in any way, I would recommend skipping. even though it isn't too descriptive when it comes to details, eating disorders are very sensitive)

You were newer to the team, but your relationship with Spencer had been for a long time. After meeting each other in grad school, you became best friends. Then, a year before you joined the team, you started dating. You obviously didn't tell Spencer about your application to the prestigious FBI unit as you didn't want to have an upper leg. When you made it onto the team, to say Spencer was shocked was an understatement.

"What the hell y/n?" Spencer asked once you got back to your shared apartment.

"Spencer I am qualified to join the team, so when there was an open spot I took my chances," you answered. "I didn't even think I was going to make it. Compared to the others there I felt like I was lacking certain skills."

"I don't care if you were qualified, what if they find out about us?" Spencer said obviously upset.

"Oh so you don't care about this opportunity for me, you just don't want your team to know we are together. Are you embarrassed of me Spencer?"

"No y/n, I am not embarrassed of you. I don't want you to get hurt and if they do find out them one of us would have to leave the team."

That was three months ago when you first joined the team. Now, three months later, the team still doesn't know about your relationship.

The team respected you. Hotch was impressed by your knowledge and attentiveness to small details that helped solve cases. You and Rossi talked about car's and wine, something he can't usually do while on the job. Emily and Penelope became your best friends. Derek took you under his wing as a little sister, never wanting you to get hurt. Lastly, JJ, she became your bestest friend on the team, your sister. But something was always off, whenever you mentioned Spencer she visibly got tense. You didn't know if she was hiding something, but something was off.

You and JJ were very similar, you both has blonde hair and blue eyes. A love for children and an understanding of dealing with trauma. You enjoyed watching Grey's Anatomy and listening to pop music in cars. However, you were always insecure when it came to looks. JJ was small and everyone knew that. You were a little chubbier, now you were only a size 6, which isn't big by any means, but JJ was a 2 or a 0. It was hard to compare with her based on looks.

JJ and Spencer had a strange bond that you witnessed. They obviously liked each other at one point, but JJ now has a husband and a child. Still you believed that at any moment Spencer would drop you for JJ. You began to notice the little looks they made to each other. Then after a case that was rather stressful for you, Spencer told you about this 'Redskins game' and talk about how different everything would be if they went on it as a date. You felt like he disregarded your relationship. You felt sick and gross looking at yourself.