stay (sr)

The one where you are leaving the BAU for interpol and Spencer has a hard time understanding and telling you to stay

~~~~~~~~~~

You and your best friend Spencer had recently gotten into a fight. A bad fight. You went over to his house earlier in the morning to tell him you were got a job offer in London with Interpol and you were going to take it. Spencer acted not as you expected, he was mad, furious even.

"y/n you can't leave," he said to you.

"Spencer I can do whatever I want," you replied, upset Spencer wasn't excited for you. "I need this job. I've worked with the BAU my whole working life, I need to move on."

"You don't need to move on y/n," Spencer screamed. "You are just running away from your problems like you always do. Running away from the idea that people love you and need you. The team needs you y/n, we all do."

"I do not run away from my problems Spencer and I do not run from the people I love. I am getting a change. I've had a great past six years with the BAU, but I can't stay here forever. I mean look what it did to Hotch and Rossi. For Gods sake Spencer, look what it did to you."

"Get out of my apartment."

"What?"

"y/n I need you to get out. Now."

And that was the last time you saw Spencer Reid, your best friend. Well ex best friend.

You decided it was best to file for immediate resignation so you wouldn't see him again. You had ignored every call and text message you had recieved from him, they all sounded the same anyway.

y/n come back I'm sorry.
Please don't leave the team
Can we please at least talk y/n I know I screwed up.

Your plane left in five hours, you had booked a one way ticket London. There was no point to come back, your best friend told you that you ran away from your problems as if he didn't. While you started packing your bag, you noticed your phone going off like crazy. They were all from Spencer so you ignored it and continued packing.

SPENCER'S POV

I stood there pacing around the BAU thinking of what I had to do to get y/n back. I don't know why I yelled at her or why I said those things. I just don't want her to leave, she's my best friend. I've been keeping a secret, well not really, Derek also knows.

I am in love with y/n.

The way she laughs at my jokes even when they aren't funny or how she will make a snarky comment to those who treat me wrong.

"Spencer what are you doing?" I heard Hotch say from his office.

I ran up the stairs and into his office, locking the door, "I need advice."

"Are you sure you want that from me?" Hotch asked. I quickly nodded. "Why not Derek or JJ?"

"You know y/n the best Aaron. I need you to help me get her back. I need her to know I love her which is why its so wrong for her to be leaving." Hotch and y/n had always been close, y/n lost her dad young and Hotch somehow was able to fill the emotional gap. I used to be jealous of their relationship until y/n laughed in my face when I asked if they were seeing each other.

"Well Spencer, she told me what you said to her. I don't think she appreciated it and I don't think she wants to talk to you, so you will have to force her to talk to you. I mean go to her. Her plane leaves in an hour, so I would suggest you hurry." With that I ran out to my car. The drive to the airport was quick, but I still felt like I was going to be late.

That's when I saw her.

"Y/N" I yelled through the crowds.

She turned to look at me, "Spencer please go away."

"y/n just listen to me, please," I begged. She nodded her head as a signal for me to continue. "Stay y/n please stay. I know what I said when you came over was wrong it was. It was so so wrong y/n and I know that. y/n I need you to stay."

"Aaron, he needs a female in his life that isn't going to leave like his mom or die like Haley. JJ and Derek need you to keep up with me, so they don't get lost. Emily needs her rock, you're the only one who understands what its like to have a distant father and you get her. I don't know how but you do. Rossi is going to go crazy with out you here, you are the only person that will talk about cars with him. Penelope needs you. You were the first one to realize how much comfort she needed after those hard cases, you realized she had all the fun things in her office because she couldn't handle all the violence."

"But y/n, most of all, I need you. You are my everything. You helped me with addiction and when Gideon left. You know my mom and don't treat me like a child. y/n you need to stay because I love you. I have forever, but I never wanted to admit it because why would you like me. That's why I lashed out at you when you told me. I love you because you talk about the clouds and write little poems about everything that brings you joy. You write letters to survivors of hold cases just because you want to check in on them. You get car sick which is why you ask to stay back or have people brought into the station because you think your car sickness makes you look weak." I sighed looking at y/n who had tears down her face.

"y/n, I love you more than I love watching Russian movies in Russian. I love you more than books and statistics. So y/n I am asking you to stay, not because I want my best friend to stay, but because I want the love of my life to stay with me."

y/n looked at me with a shocked expression on her face.

"Stay?" I begged. "Please."

"Okay" she said looking at me with a smile on her face. "I think this is the part where we are supposed to kiss. I mean at least that's what they do in the romcoms"

Words: 1080