Chapter 27

I stare at Dakota's father struggling to fight a smile. Yeah, it sounds like the kind of trouble she'd get into. My continue to slide towards the door waiting for Dakota and Axel to come back. Are you ride or die yet? With a sigh I shake my head listening as Snake chuckles and nods. "She always did have that crazy streak in her." Sarah looks up at him with a gentle smile, resting her hand on top of his on her belly. I'm the last man without a family. I am ride or die.

"Remember when she took up bull riding when she got home? Said it was her R&R." Ryan laughs, shaking his head with a grin as he glances towards Clyde with a chuckle. Clyde in turn laughs nodding his head with a wistful grin.

"I'll never understand how she figured that was R&R, but hell she loved it." The door opens and everyone turns, expecting to see Dakota and Axel together. I'm disappointed and don't bother to hide my displeasure seeing him alone.

"Honey, you're back." Angel smiles at her husband, her eyes scanning his form for injuries.

"Yeah, all in one piece." Out of curiosity I turn to look at Clyde watching as he tracks his movements silently. He doesn't like Axel very much. Something happened between Axel and Dakota, I still don't know what it could be.

"Where's Dakota?" I ask and he looks at me offering a shrug.

"She said she'd be along shortly." He grunted and shook his head, dropping into the seat next to his wife.

"Did you learn what you wanted to boy?" Clyde asks as he sips at his whiskey, watching him over the rim of the glass. Unamused and undeterred by his presence; I've always seen Clyde's good side. I can now see where Dakota gets her blank face. They just don't give a damn; I love that.

"It wasn't about the MC." Clyde chuckles and shakes his head, unamused and letting him see that.

"What gave it away? The fact that your name, the club's name wasn't brought up, or maybe it's because Dakota was the one targeted?" He tilts his head to the side and Axel just shakes his head holding his tongue. I guess he knows he is in the doghouse with the man. Ryan chuckles and shakes his head slowly.

"Who's hungry? I'm starved." Snake decides to take things into his own hands and provide some comic relief like usual.

"See, now you're talking my kind of language. What did you have in mind?" He grins at Ryan, happy to have found an out from the tension.

"Steak and potatoes. Hearty meal after a long day." Snake grins and pats his stomach.

"My kind of dinner, I like the way you think." He chuckles and Ryan raises a beer with a slight smirk on his features. Angel looked up at her husband with a worried smile.

"Everything alright?" Axel nodded mutely and Sarah looked over worried.

"Did she... you know... send him after Dakota?" Clyde looked over at her, his brow quirking slightly.

"Yes." I turn and glare at him, arching a brow.

"Did he say why?" Axel looked at me and grunted, shaking his head before thrusting a hand through his hair angrily.

"I don't know, I couldn't ask that question. Dakota said that she'd handle it." Clyde chuckles and shakes his head, amused.

"Yeah, she's going to handle it. What do you know about this... friend." Clyde finishes off, glancing between everyone, Axel keeps his mouth shut making me glare at him as Sarah blushes and looks away he looks at her and arches a brow before his eyes meet mine.