Chapter 33

My eyes scan the documents, reading over the information, reading it carefully. Have to love paperwork. I grimace at the thought as I stare at the stack of work I have left to do. Just when I think I've got it managed, I'm proven wrong with the mindless nonsense sent my way to be reading over! No one can say that they are shocked to hear that I'm out doing something wild, paperwork on the other hand? Yes, everyone knows sitting down behind a desk isn't where I like to be. I hate, no despise it.

Rolling my eyes, I rested my chin in my hand, working through the papers painfully slowly, focused on the details, setting them aside if need be. I hate contracts, reading them over is a nightmare. A knock sounds on the door making me call them in. Please give me an excuse to walk away from the computer! The door opens and I smile seeing Digger walk on in, closing the door behind him. "Cowboy, what have you been up to?" I can't like and say that seeing Digger in some dusty jeans and cowboy boots aren't a major turn on for me.

I can't help it if he looks hot dressing the part of a cowboy. "Not much, been hunting you down. You're slippery." He chuckled and I shook my head with a laugh watching as he sits in front of me, dropping into the chair with a grin.

"Sorry Cowboy, I was camped out up here working on some paperwork. Has Ryan been keeping you busy?" Digger shook his head with a sigh.

"No, your father has, he's been showing me more of the reins." I nod slowly, my computer dinging making me look at it. I have so many questions about that, but I know better than to ask. Brad's most recent email draws me attention.

"I hope he hasn't been running you into the dirt with that. I know how he likes to train people." I chuckled sitting up reading over the email, narrowing my eyes. I don't like reading that. I'm still on the lookout for Mr. Callgarey, or Jerry Callgarey. No one vanishes like this, not without help.

"No, not really, it's been really interesting." He hums and I nod slowly. "Everything alright?" I shake my head with a sigh.

"I don't know, I had my contacts dig into someone who's been MIA and I don't like what I'm seeing. It's never a good thing to be reading." I respond as I reach for my phone, dialing his familiar number. I need answers.

"Kode, I'm guessing you're not liking what I found?" I scoff at that and shake my head.

"Not even close. There hasn't been a trace, not even on the security cameras you first found him in?" I ask as I rewatch the footage that had been sent to me. He knows he's being watched, he hid out.

"No, he went into the hotel room and hasn't left it. I can't check the records, it's an old school hotel, books on paper, hidden in filing cabinets." I rub my face and watch the chilling footage.

"A man can't go into a room empty handed and survive for as long as he's been hidden. Something happened to him." The question is what? Brad heaves a sigh, his chair creaking loudly over the line.

"I know that, I think you need to do some investigating. I haven't seen any activity with the room. The cameras went dark for routine footage change over, that was only thirty seconds." I rub my face and shake my head. Long enough for someone to slip into the room through the door.

"Have you checked the other cameras linked to that feed? Was that really just routine footage change?" If it was who was watching him to hunt him?

"I've checked around, they all show go down." I nod slowly.

"Check for cars, any activity in a block radius. If something did happen to him, they'd only manage a short walk without being watched and having someone call on them." Unless they had an accomplice who waited to pick them up.