Chapter 5

I watch the beauty as she throws the shot back like a seasoned pro. My mind registers her words, of course she's taken. My balls clench as all fantasies come to a screeching halt. In my head at the end of the night I had imagined her tangled in my sheets stark bullock naked. "Oh so you're the one that had the town up in chatter about marriage." I lean back, struggling to control the desire that had started to send blood down South. And to think I was about to get my hopes up.

"Not anymore, I dumped his lying ass in front of the butt ton of people he just had to have at our wedding. Serves him right." Her voice breaks into the sudden cold shower I had forced my mind into. My interest peaked immediately. Grinning the thoughts slam back into my mind full force, the plan is on.

"I like hearing you're up on the market again." I look back into her soft sweet brown eyes and see a fire. One like no other, she's a gem in the rough no doubt about it. She's trouble, but she knows it. I like it, I like it a lot.

"I think that's gonna work in my favor Cowboy." I chuckle hearing the nickname, I've never been called a cowboy, but hell coming from her mouth, I'd let her call me just about anything.

"Don't worry little lady, I'll make sure it works in your favor." Chuckling I wink at her, watching the grin that comes to her face. She takes another hearty sip of her drink, clearly enjoying the whiskey. I do have to admit that Kickstand can make a real good drink.

"So tell me about yourself, what do you do?" She leans against the bar looking at me.

"I'm a mechanic, jack of all trades really." Dakota looks at my hands before grabbing my right one and flipping it over. She runs her fingers over mine, her hand has soft spots, but much like mine callouses as well. "What do you do? I know you were a Marine."

Dakota gives a sultry laugh tipping her head back with a nod. "I was a Marine, but my family owns the O'Kane's Ranch. I work the ranch, training horses and taking care of the place." As if this woman couldn't get more interesting.

"I heard you horse people are crazy?" She grins giving a wink as she takes another sip of her drink.

"We are slammed pack full of crazy, but that's what keeps things interesting. It takes a special kind of crazy to keep me in line." I can only chuckle, feeling my pants tighten. I like a woman who can tell you she's crazy.

"If you don't mind me asking, what were you in the Military?" She gives an easy smile.

"I worked FORECON, Marine Force Reconnaissance." She corrects herself, that's impressive. I don't know much about Marines, but I do know they are a force to be reckoned with.

"That's damn impressive. How long have you been out?" She turns her face away drinking down the rest of her drink. I watch as a cold look appears in her eyes.

"I got my honorable discharge six months ago, been home two almost three months now." She finally looks back at me, licking her lips as a song comes on that she must recognize. "I didn't come here to talk, how about we get a feel for each other? I like this song." I grin finally listening to the song that's playing. I have to chuckle hearing the song, Cowboy by Kid Rock.

"I'm not a dancer little lady." She rolls her eyes, with a playful grin.

"What are you Lee Bryce now? Don't worry Cowboy, this is a real easy dance. You'll find your place real soon." Grabbing my hand she moves with a sway leading me to the dance floor pulling me into her.

"Who the hell is Lee Bryce?" I chuckle letting my arms drag her thick body to mine. I don't think I've ever met a woman built like her, with thick curves and tight body. She's fit, with the curves of a woman. My hand slides down to cup her rear, enjoying the handful I get. She laughs, letting her body sway to mine.