Chapter 6

Waking up the next morning I look around, confused for a moment. Blinking my eyes I let my head fall back to the pillow. Turning my head I got a delirious grin, oh yeah, my fantasy wasn't a dream. Letting out a quiet chuckle I yawn softly. Seeing the time I mentally curse, feeling the arm tighten around me. It's only a moment before the appendage relaxes and allows me to slide it from my body. Forcing myself to sit up as much as I want to stay in bed with the man, I know I need to face reality and work.

Looking around the sparsely decorated space I can tell this man is a bachelor. Good, I really didn't want to be shacking up with a man dating someone. Rolling my eyes at the thought, I walk into the bathroom closing the door I turn the faucet on, splashing water on my face. After finding toothpaste I put some on my finger and brush my teeth, it's not the worst I've had to use. Rolling my eyes I head back into the room admiring the figure passed out on the bed, the blankets having been pushed to the foot of the bed.

It's not like we needed them, I smirk at the thought, yeah we made enough heat to fill the room. The man really is a stunner, not the fancy Hollywood stunner either. No, he's more rugged, backwoods kind of beauty. A little rough around the edges, but damn is it stunning. Finding my bra I clip it on, looking at the dress and I growl. Turning I look around the room spotting a button up shirt, that'll work. Shrugging I grab it and button it up, happy that it covers me to my thighs. Grabbing my heels I step out of the bedroom looking around the kitchen.

Finding a notepad I write him a note. 'Hey Cowboy, you kept your word. You gave me one hell of a ride. I hope you don't mind, I stole a shirt. If you ever need a ride, hit me up.' I write my phone number, and have to wonder if he'll ever give me a call. If I'm honest I hope so, last night was fun. And in more than one way, I can't lie the sex was good, the man was better though. Heaving a sigh, I guess I'll know later. Leaving the apartment I sneak out of the building with a grin, last night was what I needed.

Rolling my eyes I realize I'm going to be dealing with a lot of shit in the coming weeks. If I ever see Kevin again, I won't hold back. There were too many witnesses last night, with a snarl I climbed into my truck. Starting it, I let it warm for a moment before pulling out of the parking lot. Leaning over I turn the radio up, enjoying the song that comes over the radio. With the window down, the cooling air flows through the cab. Driving through town I feel eyes on me, I know that'll hang around for a while.

I was supposed to get married after all, I shake my head I dodged that bullet. My only question is who's lead I'm about to catch now. I know I made a lot of enemies last night, I made a bigger enemy. Shaking my head, I growl thinking about Kevin, he better hope that we only run into each other in town. If he's on my land there's only one way he ass is leaving. Pulling down the long drive for the ranch I let my thoughts drift away. I know I'll have a long day of work ahead of me.

Shutting off the truck I get out, slamming the door. "Where have you been all night?" I hear Ryan chuckle behind me, making me roll my eyes.

"I know you ain't dumb enough to need an explanation." Throwing that over my shoulder, I jog up the steps wanting to get dressed for work. This is the first time I've ever done something as wild as this. I chuckle, at that thought, hell I enjoyed it, I can't lie. I make my way to my room dropping my heels in the corner of the room. Yanking the shirt off I hop in the shower. Moaning as the hot water pelt into my sore muscles, the burn is delicious. Shaking my head I finally step out and get my ass dressed.

Pulling on worn jeans, and a tank top I braid my hair back into two braids. Sliding my knife, wallet and phone into their respective place. I attach my Sig Sauer and it's holster to my belt. After pulling on my worn work boots I make my way down into the kitchen searching for my morning cup of coffee and some food. Popping in a bagel, I make my cup of coffee and wait on my food. Taking a sip, I look out the kitchen window, enjoying the view I'm given. I'll never get tired of the view of the land.