Chapter 40

Axel arches his brow with a frown. "How are you gonna handle her? Give her a job." He asks with a roll of his eyes and shakes his head. I turn to look at him, staring him down. Don't let him win, I don't have the patience for him, not today.

"Go to hell Axel." I say simple as I grab the bottle from Digger's hand with a little resistance. Axel grunts and shakes his head.

"Dakota, I want to offer a truce and a partnership. To join the club and the ranch." I have to look at him with a bland look. You're joking, right? Of all nights to be testing my patience, today is not a day to be testing me. I'm likely to kill the asshole.

"And why do you believe that we need to join forces?" I ask, mostly sarcastically as I take another drink, sending him a harsh look. Test me, I fucking dare you. His face draws up, pinched, Angel gives him a look before offering me a worried glance as she touches his forearm.

"Axel, why don't we come back, it looks like she has a lot going on right about now, I'm sure she doesn't need us piling onto it." He doesn't heed her warming, I can't lie and say that I'm not happy about that. I want, no need to fight something.

"Don't get snippy with me, it's a good business move, you'll even have an excuse to play executioner, you seem to like to do that." He stands with a sneer as he rounds the couch making me glare, my shoulders slamming back.

"And that's supposed to mean what?" There's a clear threat in my tone as I set the glass bottle down, maybe a bit too harshly.

"You know exactly what I'm talking about, that god-damn clinic. Do you even care to remember?" He snarled, my eyes flashed, memories slammed into my head as I cross the floor in two strides and swing, my chest heaving.

"Don't. You have no right to talk about shit you know nothing about." I know exactly what day he's talking about, what clinic to. That day is one of the few that weigh on me, that make me question everything about myself. It wasn't my fault. No matter how many times I tell myself that, I'll always blame myself. You were raped, it was Ectopic, there was a rupture, that's all. I didn't have a choice in the matter, it was a bad situation I was hoping didn't come about.

I didn't think I needed plan B... I thought it stopped soon enough. Axel stares at me as I glare down at him, my form shaking. The group went quiet, deadly silent, everyone knows something is being worked out, something that has been brewing for a long long time. "Shit I don't know? Really? You're skanky ass had me drive you an hour and a half away to that damn clinic, to not tarnish your name or the ranch." He's mad I had him drive me to the doctors to get an emergency surgery...

I can't help it as my mind goes dark and I pin him to the floor, driving my fist into his jaw. "Fuck you! You don't know a damn thing Axel." I swing again nailing him as arms wrap around me, pulling me off of him, Digger holding me back as Snake pulls him up away from me, back towards the wall.

"Axel, don't go there." Snake knew we took a trip, but not exactly what, I feel Digger tense as he holds me back.

"Don't tell me what to do, the town should know what a whore you are, killing your baby." He snarls, I know he's hurting, lashing out on me, but that doesn't stop the pain that slams into me. I would've loved them even if I knew their father raped me.

"Would you want your rapist's kid? Huh? For fucks sake Axel, listen for once in your goddamn life!" Digger silences the group everyone stills even me, my stomach tightening as I close my eyes. I knew this was gonna come up sooner or later.

"What?" He asks, stunned, as he stares at me the dark seething shadows in his eyes stop moving for once, his gaze isn't full of malice. The small gasps that fall from the girls now sitting on the couch holding onto one another make me sneer as I turn and push from Digger. I need a drink. "No one... No one talked... Not about that." Axel mutters quietly like he's figuring something out. I hear Digger scoff, he's clearly had enough, he's not afraid to right things.