Chapter 24

"I'm pulling in now, what table are you at?" I chuckle and shake my head at Angel.

"It's the back corner booth. You'll see us waving." Angel and Sarah both figured that it was time we all had lunch together. I guess it's time for some girl time. The thought makes me smile and shake my head at the thought. That's a first for me.

"Alright, I'll be in a moment." I hang up as I pull into a parking spot, glancing around the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. My eyes scan the area outside of my truck as I gather my phone, and weapon place it in the small of my back. Something ain't right. Stepping out I shut the door taking a deep breath. Across the street I see a familiar head of blonde hair. The sound of a car door shutting makes me turn as two men step out, walking as if they have a swagger.

"She's small, this'll be easy." I arch a brow, widening my stance and crossing my arms as I stare at the fools. Yeah, it'll be easy.

"I'm guessing you two are looking for something; what can I help ya with?" I'm not dumb enough to think that these two idiots aren't connected to chicka. How dumb is she? Public attack, at a diner at lunch. She's brazen and a fucking idiot. I didn't give her enough credit. The tall, sleek muscled one grins and cracks his knuckles as if threatening me. I arch a brow at him. He's joking right?

"We're teaching you a lesson." The other one snickers as he crosses his stocky arms across his chest.

"This is cute, what do you want my lunch money?" I watch as scowls cover their features and they both pause a few feet in front of me.

"No, were teaching you a lesson. You shouldn't mess with us." The short one punches his palm as if that's going to make my knees quiver together.

"You're right, I might just get a papercut from one of you idiots." The tall one glowers at me as if I just pissed on his shoe.

"You'll regret saying that Delaney." The name makes me look at him and nod slowly.

"How much are you fools getting paid? I think you're being overpaid here." I chuckle and shake my head slowly as I stare at the pair. Delaney? That's a new one. I can only watch the bumbling duo with interest. I doubt she'll ever learn. It's the middle of the day in the busiest part of town. Yeah, just slightly unintelligent.

"Shut up Delaney-" Rolling my eyes I sigh.

"If you're gonna insult me, use my name asshole. It's Dakota, not Delaney." His glare only deepens.

"Shut up, Bitch!" The short stout man growls out stepping forward. "We're going to tell you what's gonna happen if you keep this up." I nod and make a motion to zip my mouth and lock it, before I wave him on to continue. I'm interested to see what these idiots are going to come up with. The tall lanky man that I'm now going to label as a wannabe thug, speaks up.

"Yeah, bitch!" His friend slams his elbow into his ribcage, shutting him efficiently. Only me, I swear this shit only happens to me.

"Fucking can it will you!" He hisses to wannabe thug. "It's time you learn your lesson." He turns his attention back towards me stepping up and I chuckle softly stepping in with a lopsided grin.

"I'll let a bitch like yourself swing first, I'd feel bad making you shit teeth in public." I narrow my eyes on him, analyzing every feature, blemish, scar, eye color and the typical tattoo on his neck. He's a walking cliche. His eyes narrow on me; the sound of traffic making wannabe thug look away, distracted by the sound.

"She's watching, get to it Kenn-" Wannabe thug is cut off by another elbow to the ribcage.

"Can it asshole! No names!" Stout shorty looks back at me with a snort. "You're getting your ass beat now." He moves stepping in throwing up a half cocked fist in a poor attempt at a punch, grabbing it, I deflect the juvenile move with an eye roll.