☾ 27 ☽

"Naruto, Tsukiko," Sakura spoke up as they travelled rapidly over the lake in the direction of Orochimaru's hideout on a small island, north Kusagakure. "This time, we'll definitely bring Sasuke-Kun back!"

"Usa," Tsukiko replied in agreement, glancing at Naruto's determined expression. "We're almost here..." She looked at the approaching rock formation in the distance.

They moved onto the plain area that connected them to the Country of Earth and Tsukiko could see the land turn barren. They travelled further for a few miles before they changed directions to the north again and found themselves meeting Yamato's wood clone.

"Is this it?" Yamato questioned his clone as they looked at the stone behind them, and his clone replied, "The entrance is right in front of us, beneath those boulders,"

"So, right beneath those rocks," Naruto said. "We'll find Sasuke,"

"There's a strong chance," Sakura agreed.

"Even if Sasuke isn't there, at the very least, we'll find some vital clues regarding him there," Tsukiko added, nodding at them. "Byakugan!"

"Do you see anything, Tsukiko?" Yamato questioned. Tsukiko looked at the stone in front of them and around it, but was not quite able to see anything.

"I can see numerous corridors beneath this stone," Tsukiko said as she deactivated her Dojutsu. "But the walls are running with Chakra and make it difficult to look through them,"

"That's more than enough information for now," Yamato said as he held his hand to his wood clone and turned it into a seed. "Swallow this first, Naruto. Here are yours, Tsukiko and Sakura,"

"Wood Style seeds don't work on me," Tsukiko replied. "My body will digest and destroy it," Naruto, Sakura and Yamato stared at her. "Hey, Usajii told that to me! Take his word at least!"

"I really don't like humans," Usajii muttered and Tsukiko shook her head as he closed the windows to his little room. "Don't disturb me! I don't want to meet that Uchiha either!"

"Naruto and Sakura should, in that case," Yamato urged. "This way, I'll be able to find out where you are if we get split up," Naruto was surprised.

"You can do that?" Sakura asked as she took one of the three seeds from Yamato. "What is this...?" Tsukiko still felt strange seeing Yamato with the same abilities.

"Basically, those seeds are transmitters used for tracking," Yamato informed them. "They're a type of ninja tool that will only resonate with my Chakra... or well, Tsukiko if she produces them. They're the same thing I slipped in Sai's clothes and food,"

"No wonder you were able to track him all the way here," Tsukiko muttered, yet again spooked by how she had contemplated doing the same to both Yamato and Sai earlier.

"Captain Yamato, when did you do that?" Naruto asked.

"Remember?" Yamato said. "I left the hot springs before you two did,"

"Oh yeah..." Naruto replied, remembering back to their first dinner together and the hot spring hotel. "Yeah, you did get out first!"

"Now you understand why I used my own money to treat you to a luxurious meal and hot springs, right?" Yamato mused. Tsukiko was rather impressed by the ruse.

"So, it wasn't just an attempt to make us get along," Sakura pointed out.

"Tsunade-Sama warned me to keep a closer eye on Sai," Yamato replied. "And I did. Good thing I took all those precautions. Anyways, forget that. Hurry up and swallow them! Tsukiko, you should keep close with either of them,"