☾ 14 ☽

"W-What in the world...?" Tsukiko breathed as she stared at the man in front of them. "How could this be?" She switched her eyes to normal to make sure she wasn't going crazy.

"I thought something felt during the fight," Kakashi said.

"What the hell is going on?" Naruto asked.

"This is one of their Jutsu or something..." Sakura said as they stared at not Uchiha Itachi, but another man in his place.

"This man is..." Chiyo said, shocked out of her wits.

"Do you recognise him?" Kakashi asked. Chiyo nodded slowly.

"It's Yuura," Chiyo replied. "A Jonin from my village," Tsukiko stared at the dead body of the man in front of them from Sunagakure.

"He's from Sunagakure?" Naruto asked.

"What does this mean?" Tsukiko asked.

"I'm not sure myself, but he went missing right before Gaara was kidnapped," Chiyo said.

"He might have been an Akatsuki spy!" Sakura said.

"I don't want to believe that," Chiyo refuted. "He served on the village council for four years,"

"The Great Fireball Jutsu was developed by the Uchiha Clan," Kakashi said. "It's one of their favourite moves and they're very adept at it, and his attack was the real thing,"

"Those..." Tsukiko said, angrily, her hands curling into fists. "They must've killed this man and somehow used his body to fight for their cause... And it's obvious they accomplished what they wanted. They wanted to waste our time when we could be saving Gaara!"

Tsukiko paced around the stretch of ground as she tried to calm herself down. Chiyo pulled out a scroll from her cloak and a brush to write. Tsukiko glanced at her and figured that she was going to inform the others back at Sunagakure of what had happened and who they had just found as their enemy.

"It's just what I had feared," Tsukiko continued to mutter. "This was obviously a way to buy them more time. And that means that they've started whatever the hell they're doing to Gaara, and we have to go right away! These men keep coming up with strange Jutsus!"

"That's a good Jutsu they have," Kakashi said, nodding. Tsukiko kept pulling at her hair, feeling sicker and sicker by each passing minute. She wanted Gaara, she wanted to see and speak to him, to assure herself of him.

"If they're using such a powerful Jutsu just to delay us... There's no doubt," Chiyo muttered. "The girl's right, they've already begun extracting the Bijuu," Naruto and Sakura looked surprised but Tsukiko looked angry.

"There's no time," Kakashi said, noticing Tsukiko's anxiety. "We need to save Gaara-Kun right away, and we will, Tsukiko, don't worry," Tsukiko held her face in her hands. "Calm down,"

"U-Um..." Sakura said, looking at them as she held up her hand. Tsukiko glanced at her. "What do you mean by extracting the Bijuu?"

"They probably plan to make another Jinchuriki from Shukaku, the Ichibi," Chiyo said. Tsukiko pursed her lips. She wished that they weren't too late.

"Jinchuriki...?" Sakura asked, confused. Tsukiko sighed. Sakura really had no idea about anything, does she? What did she do in the library? Does she have to mention it in front of Naruto?

"I already explained that Bijuu are beasts with unimaginable power, remember?" Chiyo said. "And that various nations tried to use them as military weapons," Sakura nodded. "A Jinchuriki is one who controls their power,"