☾ 5 ☽

"All right, I'm going to explain the second round of the Chunin Exams," Temari announced as she stood in front of the Genins the following morning. "The Second Exam will be a competition for scrolls to be held in the Demon Desert. In other words, this is the ultimate survival battle!"

Tsukiko passed Temari the two scrolls before moving back to stand where the Jonin Senseis and the other officials were – including Gaara. She met eyes with the auburn-haired male but neither said anything as Temari continued onwards, showing the Genins the two scrolls.

"There are two scrolls, Heaven and Earth," Temari continued. "Half the teams will be given Heaven scrolls. The other half will get Earth scrolls. The objective of this exam is to obtain both the Heaven and Earth scrolls and to bring them back to the base located in the centre of the Demon Desert. You have 72 hours. Find food on your own!

"Starting now, there may be fatalities. Every participating team member will sign a consent form!" Tsukiko held it up for everyone to see. "When you turn in the team consent forms, you will be given a scroll! Furthermore, to avoid confusion, each team will start from a different location. So be quick, and go to your starting points!"

Tsukiko moved among the Genins and passed them the consent forms, which they all took rather quickly. Unlike for Forest of Death, here everyone was quite eager to take part in the survival test. Temari directed them all toward the Suna Chunin station for them to exchange their three consent forms for a scroll.

"Good luck," Tsukiko said to the Genins as they walked past her, especially the Konoha Genins. Sakura, Ino, Hinata, Tenten, Choji, Neji, Lee, Shino and Kiba (as well as Akamaru) all thanked her in response more openly than the other stammering or quiet individuals except –

"Thank you, friend!" Fuu shouted loudly as she took Tsukiko's hands. The white-haired girl looked at her in surprise but then chuckled in response. "What is your name? Is it Tenshi? Are you from another world? My name is Fuu! I'm from Takigakure!"

"Ah, my name is Otsutsuki Tsukiko, and I'm not from another world, my village is Konohagakure," Tsukiko answered as she pointed out her forehead protector on her waist. "I've never been to Takigakure, how is it there?"

"It's very lonely, so I came here to make a hundred friends!" Fuu responded. "You're my first friend here!" Tsukiko smiled at her. "You were the proctor in Konoha, weren't you?" Fuu grabbed Tsukiko's waist to look at her forehead protector closely.

"Y-yes," Tsukiko replied, half-ticklish and half-embarrassed at the fact someone was holding onto her like that. "I'm sorry you were lonely there, and I hope you can make a ninety-nine more friends," She smiled at the girl. "I like people like you,"

"I also like people like you!" Fuu told her excitedly. "Do you have a lot of friends? Will you introduce them to me? We can play games and go have a bath together! Can we have a bath together?" Tsukiko blushed but nodded.

"I suppose we could do that..." Tsukiko said thoughtfully. "But you have to go for your second exam, Usa! And then we another exam for you all..." Fuu was still very excited and seemed even more pumped up.

"I will come back from the Demon Desert and then we'll go have a bath!" Fuu said, taking her hands into her hands again. Tsukiko nodded, a little surprised by her sheer hyperactivity but smiling brightly back nonetheless.

"Of course, Usa!" Tsukiko told her. "Now... If you have signed your consent form, you have to go to that station there to have your scroll and gate number... You don't have a pen?" Tsukiko rummaged through her pouch and pulled one out.

"Thank you!" Fuu responded and took it from her, looking at the bunny face on the cap. "Do you like bunnies?" Tsukiko nodded, chuckling. "I like bugs," Tsukiko sweat-dropped but figured it was to be expected from Chomei's Jinchuriki.