☾ 38 ☽

Tsukiko stared at herself in the mirror, taking in her appearance. She had left her hair open to trail down to the back of her knees. She stood only in her light blue undergarments – exposing her pale white body to herself. Her eyes trailed over the six black Magatama symbols running along her collarbones in form of a necklace.

Raising her hands, palms upward, Tsukiko eyed the Yin symbol on her left and dominant hand and the Yang symbol on her right hand. She wasn't sure what they were to be used for and Usajii had never elaborated...

"You will know someday," Usajii replied, sitting in his usual seat in her head. "There is no need for you to overwhelm yourself, Usahime,"

Though she nodded, there was something in Tsukiko that told her that it was only about a 50% chance that she would come to know why they were on her palms. And something also told her that she didn't want to know when they would come into use. Tsukiko lowered her left hand but kept her raised her right hand.

Sighing at the new mess she had been placed into now, Tsukiko reached up to run a hand through her hair, only to feel her two horns on the top of her head. She rubbed them lightly but didn't get the same sensitivity from them as she did when others did. Like Fuu's touch...

Moving her hand down from her horns and to the light blue Strength of a Hundred on her forehead. She let out another sigh and lowered her hand to her side, looking back at her blue eyes.

Her thoughts trailed back to what Gaara often told her, how her eyes were so often the colour of the sky. She still wasn't quite sure what he meant by that but something told her that it brought him comfort. She wanted to smile at the thought of Gaara but found it difficult to.

... I haven't even told him about Fuu...

Tsukiko's removed her eyes off of herself and grabbed her 'Love' t-shirt, pulling it down and walked over to the balcony of her room, knowing that not many people would be around anywhere to see her in this condition. Not that she really cared right now.

But Tsukiko halted when she saw the sky – it was a blood red sunset. She swallowed slightly and tore her eyes away from it, though her head was running with the thoughts of it being a bad omen.

"I need to go to sleep," Tsukiko muttered, rubbing her forehead as she closed her balcony doors and fell onto her bed. "It was too exhausting to keep the whole apartment up,"

"It had to be done, Usahime," Usajii replied. "Can't have you getting yourself injured now, can we? You've already gotten yourself hurt too often,"

"I guess you're right, Usa," Tsukiko said as she rolled over, staring at the Orchid and Moon Cacti that were on her windowsill fondly. She felt herself yawn slightly.

"Good night, now," Usajii told her and Tsukiko nodded slowly.

Closing her eyes on the sight of the blooming red flowers of the cacti, Tsukiko let herself slip into the land of the unconscious. She didn't find herself to have any dreams or nightmares that night. Only the deep red hue.

Tsukiko's had a difficult sleep, however. She found herself awake several times throughout the night. Every time, she tried to toss and turn to get herself back to sleep. Even when the sun rose.

Until there was a knock on her front door –

Groaning over not wanting to get up, Tsukiko still pushed herself up, dragging herself through the apartment and to the front door, unlocking it and pulling the door open. In front of her stood Naruto and Sakura, both in their casual get-up.

"T-Tsukiko-Chan!" Naruto yelped, slamming his hands over his eyes as he fell back. Tsukiko furrowed her eyebrows, staring at him.

"What's up with him so early in the morning?" Tsukiko asked, yawning as she leaned against the doorframe. She looked over at Sakura and saw that she was blushing as well. "What's wrong with you two?"