☾ 45 ☽

Tsukiko's last day at the Suiten Valley had been very tense. She constantly felt as if something was wrong and was having a hard time concentrating. Watatsumi had just finished teaching her Water Dragon seals when the information that Tsukiko had been dreading since the past few days came through on the Mirror Pond – Konohagakure was under attack.

At once, a pathway was created and Tsukiko was led through with her summons, including Watatsumi. And when she arrived on the scene, right on the edge of the village gates, she found absolutely nothing: Akatsuki had reduced the village to dust.

"What is this?" Tsukiko breathed, her eyes wide in disbelief. "How... how is it possible to be destroyed to this extent?" She felt her blood boil. "Watatsumi-Sama!"

None of the Water Dragons needed to be told anything as Sokotsu, Nakatsu, Toyotama-Hime and Uwatsu all dispersed around the village for aid while Watatsumi took Tsukiko right to what seemed to be the epicentre of the entire attack on Konohagakure.

"Prioritise defence and help for others," Tsukiko told Watatsumi as he flew lower to where there were people. "I will take care of the issue here – get in touch with Katsuyu, I'm sure she's around!"

Tsukiko jumped off from Watatsumi's back and down, where she could see Naruto caught down with a man with brightly orange hair and strange eyes. She felt Usajii tense up inside of her and she realised that she was about to face off against the Rinnegan.

"Reibi has joined, I see," Pein spoke as he turned to look at the girl that had joined the field.

"What?" Naruto gasped. "Tsukiko-Chan!"

A quick survey of the situation told Tsukiko several things – Naruto was compromised, stuck to the ground with a rod... and if that wasn't enough to anger Tsukiko, the sight of Fukasaku's dead body did it for her. She could not imagine what the absence of Tsunade or Kakashi meant here but she was not feeling very good about what had happened, or would happen.

"Calm down, Reibi, or do you wish for a similar reprimanding?" asked Pein as he looked at her.

"Why would I listen to you when you've got my friend like that?" Tsukiko retorted, angered but focusing her best to enter her Sage Mode, a risk she knew she was taking. "After destroying my home and village? Are you demented? Why?!"

"Why, you ask?" Pein repeated. "Things always happen without warning, and the reason becomes apparent afterwards. This situation... perhaps I will explain to you,"

It was hard to stay still when Naruto was in pain and when she was so unaware of what was going on outside of this region but Tsukiko wondered if it would grant her enough time to enter her Sage Mode and possibly put an end to this man for once.

"You asked me why I am doing all of this," Pein said. "Even if I told you why, I doubt that would change anything. But what if we tried to have a discussion once more?"

"We have nothing to talk about!" Naruto retorted.

"My goal is something even Jiraiya Sensei was unable to achieve," Pein said and Tsukiko's eyes narrowed at him. "As I mentioned earlier... creating peace, and bringing about justice,"

"Peace and justice?" Naruto repeated. "Don't fuck with me! Don't give me that crap! You killed my master... our Sensei... hurt our friends... and destroyed our village! After everything you've done, don't you dare talk about peace and justice!"

"Kakashi Sensei...?" Tsukiko whispered. "Naruto –"

"Then tell me what your goal is?" Pein questioned, cutting her off.

"I'm gonna kill you!" Naruto shouted at him so aggressively that it didn't sound like him at all. "And bring peace back to the Ninja World!"

"I see..." Pein said. "That is noble of you – that is justice indeed. However... my family... my friends... my village. They suffered the same fate as this village, by you Konohagakure Ninjas. How is it fair to only allow you people to preach about peace and justice?"