☾ 53 ☽

Tsukiko's thoughts trailed off to the countless times that she had watched Naruto and Sasuke fight against each other in the past... and how she had done the bare minimum from leading them down to this path. She wasn't sure if this supposed fate between them was all to blame or if she had made some grave mistakes in her friendship with Naruto and Sasuke.

"Should I have done something?" Tsukiko muttered, recalling all those times they worked up with each other. "That day at the hospital room... that evening in the Valley of the End... of course, I never knew about this... thing... but I should've been a better friend,"

"There's no need to beat yourself down now," Usajii responded. "Do you think it is easy to change fate? You were a kid. Those stronger and wiser than you have failed,"

"Sometimes, when you say things like this," Tsukiko said. "I don't understand whether you're trying to be encouraging or you're demoralising me from doing something,"

"I'm just being fair with you," Usajii replied, shrugging. "You can do whatever you want,"

"You said that you wanted to talk to me more about things," Tsukiko spoke suddenly. "What is it?"

"Weren't you going to go visit Tsunade?" Usajii asked. "You should do that first – we'll discuss everything later in the evening. Clear your head from all this clutter first,"

Everyone who had been injured or under care were shifted from makeshift hospitals to a proper centre. Tsukiko climbed up the stairs all the way up to Tsunade's floor, rubbing her forehead and glanced at the security as they stepped aside at once to let her through. She bowed her head to them lightly, continuing her way down the corridor.

As Tsukiko turned around the corner, she was shocked to find a commotion going on that prompted her to speed up her pace as she rushed closer quickly, her heart beating fast in concern that something had happened, gone wrong with Tsunade –

"What's going on here?" Tsukiko demanded, her eyes flashing as she pushed past the Jonin and the Medi-Nin aside to find Shizune crying over Tsunade. "Shizune Senpai!"

"Tsukiko!" Shizune responded, still crying as she turned to look at the white-haired girl, and in doing so, revealed beyond her that Tsunade was –

"Granny Tsunade?" Tsukiko asked, seeing the blonde's eyes open and her appearance back to her usual one, although he struggled to speak with Shizune on her. "You're awake?!"

"Must you always call me that, Tsukiko?" Tsunade muttered. "Shizune, that hurts,"

Everyone was shedding tears of happiness and it seemed like even Tsunade was starting to feel awkward with it. Shizune moved back to let her breathe but before she could do so, Tsukiko had thrown her arms around the blonde, making her groan again.

"You're awake, Granny Tsunade!"

"Not again,"

Tsunade couldn't complain very much, however, and as Tsukiko and Shizune waited on her, she immediately ordered the Jonin male in the room to go and fetch her food, ordering him to bring everything that he could lay his hands on. This worried Tsunade's two students but neither of them could do anything as the Jonin ran off, leaving them to check on Tsunade's vitals.

In the end, it seemed like Tsunade was having enough of everything, catching sight of her features in the mirror. That clearly convinced her that she needed more Chakra if she wanted to maintain her youthful skin. Tsukiko and Shizune had no choice but to chase after her.

"Eating is good and all but should you be eating so quickly?" Tsukiko inquired, sweat-dropping. "What if you start to choke and put yourself out of commission again?"