CHAPTER FORTY-SEVEN: BORDE

• • •

· · ──── ·𖥸· ──── · · •HAZEL•

HAZEL

"I'm going to take my leave now, madame," Linda says as she stands up and grabs the empty tray on the table next to my bed, but turns to me before leaving, and I nod my head to indicate It was all right for her to go.

And so she left, carrying the tray of food along with her.

Today was the third day.

It's been three days since I was here. Three days since I've been trapped in bed and because of this I have become very bored since I have nothing to do and can't go anywhere.

Though I am really beginning to hate all of this since all I can do is sleep to pass the time, I'm still holding onto the little hope I have left because, fortunately, things are getting better.

In the past three days, I have been taking my medications, ordered by the doctor, regularly, and have been eating healthy as well. This has resulted in fewer headaches and less pain in my body.

I have also tried to do other things like I've even attempted to walk a few times before and at first things weren't going so well, but with dedication, I was finally able to walk a few steps while holding on to the wall.

And here I am and at the moment lying in bed...again.

But this was and certainly not my plan for the day, for I have decided that some changes will be made.

So, seeing that there was no sign of Linda and absolutely no sign of Mr. Mafia anywhere in my room, I have decided that I would start my morning off in a different direction.

I first removed my duvet. Placing my feet on the floor, I looked for the last time around the room.

Seeing that the room was still empty, I quickly rose to my feet before carefully making my way towards the bathroom.

I couldn't help but smile as I glanced down at my feet. Walking again was something I was really hoping for a while now and just being able to do so has brought me happiness.

I would be finally able to have a bath, a bath with me, just me. A bath where I could feel relaxed again without someone's hands or eyes on me and I was happy about that--

*CLICK CLICK*

The sound of a doorknob turning caught my attention instantly.

It didn't take me a second to realize who it was, and I gasped when I did, my eyes going wide.

I knew what would have happened if he caught me here, so I took a risk and ran for the bathroom as quickly as I could and, unlike last time, I didn't fall. I actually made it.