CHAPTER TWO: MARIANO

· · ──── ·𖥸· ──── · · •HAZEL•

•HAZEL•

"Take her to the back and get her prepare for Mr. Mariano." Mr. Price ordered the young lady standing beside him.

"Yes Mr. Price," she says, her heals making a *tock* sound as she swiftly walks onto the wooden stage and over to me.

"Come with me" she spoke, helping me stand since my hands were still tied and without saying another word, I was quickly dragged away by her.

She brought me into a room that was just the size of an office and placed me to sat down on a broken chair that was in the corner of the room.

The room was completely painted in white but the dirt and stains, that could be seen from the ceiling and walls, made them appear as an off-white color.

It appeared empty as well with only a dirty cream couch in the middle of the room and a small coffee table that was placed on the brown oak floor.

My eyes moved away from the room and back to her when the clicking of a pen was heard. She held a piece of paper in her hands as she neatly writes on the paper.

She continued to write on the paper at a fast pace but paused when the ringing of a phone was sound.

Her eyes winded as she looked at the screen and quickly answered. "Yes, I'm coming right now," she says quickly over the phone before putting it away with the paper and pen as well.

"Come on," She grabbed my hands, pulling me off of the broken bench that collapsed as soon as I stood up. Slamming the door behind us, she hastily drags me down the hall.

!KNOCK! !KNOCK!

She suddenly stops, knocking on a huge brown door. It was soon after opened up by another young lady, wearing the same outfit as her. I was pulled into the room.

"Mr. Mariano, I apologize for you wai--" She cuts herself off when her eyes were fixed upon a man.

Just a few heights taller than me stood a man dressed in a black tuxedo. He wore glasses and his hair appeared slightly grey as well, which gave me a hint that he is somewhere around his late forties to his early fifties.

"Mr. Mariano had left for a meeting and So, I was told to take the young lady," He said to the lady while adjusting his glasses.

She apologizes for the wait and quickly hands me over to him along with some papers. " and this is the receipt"

"Thank you Ms. Johnson" he accepts it.