CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX: FURIOUS

••━━━ •• ❖ •• ━━━••
•STEPHAN•

Earlier...

"M-Mr Mariano?" A voice was suddenly heard that pulled me out of my thoughts.

I exhaled again, trying to calm myself down a little more before truing around to face one of my employees, Mr. Ivanov.

"Do you have everything?" I asked, going straight to the point.

Mr. Ivanov was one of the male employees that operate the security system of my house and I gave him, along with the others, three days to recover the footage that was deleted a few days ago.

And seeing that today was their final day given to recover what has been deleted, I would be very pleased if the footage was found and would probably even calm down a little afterward.

Ivanov cleared his throat, taking a very deep breath before he opened his mouth to say the words I was hoping to hear.

"Yes, Mr. Mariano." He answered and I seem to calm down a bit after his answer.

"Then..." I began, slipping my hands in my pocket before turning my attention back to him. "Show me"

"Mr. Mariano, we're here' Announced Mr. Ivanov as we stopped in front of the entrance to the security room.

Nodding my head, I let him first enter before I followed from behind.

My eyes first darted straight towards the tv screen, displaying security footages of my house, as I took a step into the room.

My gaze was kept onto the screen as I soon felt the gaze of others and only then did I come to realize that my other employees were presented in the room as well.

"Mr. Mariano" Greeted them as I shifted my gaze away from the tv screen. I looked up to me the faces of the many employees of the mine, nodding my head as a reply to their greetings.

"The footage" I spoke soon after, going straight to the point.

I turned to Mr. Ivanov who stood beside me and he wasted no time into carrying out my order.

Mr. Ivanov nodded his head at my request and knowing that I'm a man of little patience, he wasted no time to present what I asked for.

"Back to work" he first says, dismissing my employees before turning to another one of them, A young boy in his early twenties, Mr. Garcia.

He was one of my men that controlled the security cameras in my house and was also one of them that was giving instructions to recover the lost footage.

"This way, Mr. Mariano" Mr. Ivanov began, folding his arms behind his back before hastily making his way over to Mr. Garcia. I followed behind him.

"Mr. Mariano, Mr. Ivanov" Greeted the man as he lifted his head and saw that we were heading towards him.

He looked slightly terrified as I came to a stop before him, nodding my head once more, as a reply to his greetings.