CHAPTER FOUR: I OWN YOU

· · ──── ·𖥸· ──── · ·
•HAZEL•

Engulfed in fear and anticipation, I stood still, my eyes still glued to the door as it slowly opens and reveals a young lady.

Upon realizing that it was not the person I assumed it would be, I exhale in relief.

"Can I come in?" She asked, standing at the door way and I answered by nodding my head.

She sent me a smile as she finally enters my room, quietly shutting the door behind her.

My eyes followed her steps as she walked over to the bed, carrying. a couple of fabrics in her hands.

"Hi, I'm Linda. I am one of the servants that work for Mr. Mariano" she introduces herself once she was standing only a couple of feet away from me.

"H-hi...I'm Hazel" I hesitantly responded by introducing myself. There was still some fear lingering inside of me.

She appeared to be a bit suspicious to me. She was polite...something I have hardly ever experience from anyone.

"Yes, I know." She answers, the polite smile still on her face. "Well, I was assigned by Mr. Mariano to be your assistant since it's your first day here."

I don't know how I feel about this...having her here is kind of uncomfortable but...she's here to help, So, I should be a little less afraid.

"Oh...okay," I say, averting my eyes from here.

"Yeah but Unfortunately, Mr. Mariano is not going to visit you tonight since he had to leave after a sudden phone call. However, I think it's best this way for in the meanwhile, you can get to know somethings about him and understand how he operates. This way, in the future, you can avoid offending or getting him angry"

I almost felt complete relief after she was finished explaining a few things and it was all because of the fact that he will not be visiting me tonight.

"...And these were some of the clothes that were ordered by Butler Barkley. They aren't much for now but trust me, you'll be shopping for lots of clothes very soon" she hands me a handful of clothes, including shirts, leggings and jeans and underwear.

"Now, it's getting late. I think you should take a shower and head to bed. Do you need help turning on the showering or anything? It's a little tricky you know" she offers but I quickly denied.

I was still a little uncomfortable around her and besides, I already figured it out.

"Okay. Umm...then is there anything you might need to know about Mr. Mariano?"

I could tell she was trying to kinda break the uncomfortable tension in the air but all I was hoping for is for her to leave but...I have to admit, that's impolite...and I was kind of curious to know who he actually was. So when she offered me the opportunity to ask any question I wanted to know about him, I didn't deny.

There was hesitation at first but after thinking about it for a while, I offered her to have a seat next to me.

"So, what's it that you want to know about him?" She asked once she had taken a seat beside me.