CHAPTER FORTY-FIVE: HE ACTALLY DID THIS

• • •

· · ──── ·𖥸· ──── · · •HAZEL•

HAZEL

"They're both dead"

Her words kept repeating in my head as I stared at her in complete shock

"...d-dead?" I muttered, looking away from her.

"Yes..." She answers the question I did not think she heard.

Her answer caused me to avert my eyes back to her and the sad look on her face did not fade.

By now I would say that she could see that I was a little terrified at the thought of them being dead, something I never thought I'd hear, and maybe that's why she decided to change the topic But I was just so curious that I couldn't help but want to know more.

"...You have to tell me...everything," I said to her right after she tried to change the conversation and it looked like that was enough for her to give in.

She looks at me for a few seconds before finally giving in with a sigh. "...Bianca is one of Mr. Mariano's ex. She decided to break up with him and leave to pursue her modeling career in many countries around the world like France, Italy, Greece, and Germany.

When she decided to end things with Mr. Mariano, he did not stop her. He just told her to leave and...she did. It may seem as if he did not care that she was leaving him but secretly he did and since he's a leader of a mafia, hiding his feelings is one of his best talents. I know that he was hurt when she left because for a few weeks he did not talk to any of us. He just left for work very early in the morning and returned very late at night.

A couple of years past and with all going on in his life, he had managed to finally move on and forgot about her for good and this time, he wasn't secretly hurt anymore. He was over her...but I guess the only reason he welcomed her back into his house was that she seduced him...or maybe he may still have some feelings towards her.

Anyways, that was his mistake, one he rarely ever makes. It turns out Bianca is only backed because her so-called modeling career has come to an end and she thinks she can outsmart Mr.Mariano by giving her money. But...after she found out he now had you..she had to first get rid of you.

So she threatened us, saying that she would kill our loved ones, if we didn't work for her and lied to you about Mr. Mariano assigned you a job as one of his servants" She paused to look at me, and honestly, I did not know what to say.

It's not like if he and I were in a real relationship so there was no reason to do this unless she thought we were together.

"She did this so you would get tired and ended up leaving and in the end, she would have him...all to herself. But sadly for her, Mr. Mariano was not as dumb as she thought he was and started to do some investigations behind her back. He knew something was suspicious about her and being as smart as he is, waited for the correct time to catch her.