CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE: DAY THREE

Previously on Sold to Mr. Mariano...

And then...my eyes close. I could feel my legs giving in and my brain finally shuts down as I struggled to take my last breath...

• • •

· · ──── ·𖥸· ──── · · •HAZEL•

HAZEL

Or so I thought...

Because just when I thought that this was it, that my life would be taken from me, that I would...die...

That was when he...he let go, removing his hand from my throat...

I was left in shock by his actions, However, that was my least concern at the moment as I immediately fell to my knees with my mouth wide open, gasping for air.

A hand of mine was placed over my chest as I took quick breaths, trying to get all the air I could possibly get, and once I felt somewhat better, I shook away the dizziness as my vision starts to clear.

My head, however, was still very heavy, weighing my body down, as I felt my body slowly starting to recover and very soon, could say that I was again, somewhat better but stool afraid and terrified as the events that took place just minutes ago, replayed in my head But nevertheless, relieved.

Relieved that I was given another chance to live. Reliever that I had one more chance to not mess up which in the end, may grant me the chance to live the day I've always dreamed of, to live in freedom.

I was relieved that I was alive.

••━━━ •• ❖ •• ━━━••
•STEPHAN•

"Take her to her room," I said to a couple of my servants that stood before me.

It had been minutes since she has been sitting on the ground, shaking in fear from fighting for air for a good couple of minutes or so and I know, you're probably wondering how I feel about this, and to be honest, I don't care.

I mean, orders were given to her by me and that was to never remove the ring on her finger or then, she will have to face the consequences.

Unfortunately, she failed to do so and I am a man of my words and so, I could have done nothing but fulfill my words.