CHAPTER FORTY: AND I LEFT

• • •

••━━━ •• ❖ •• ━━━•• •STEPHAN•

••━━━ •• ❖ •• ━━━••
•STEPHAN•

"Mr. Mariano, the doctor is here" Announced Linda as she enters the room, followed by a person that looked unfamiliar to me.

Beside her stood a tall man that seems to be in his late thirties. On him was a white coat that stopped right above his knees and a black briefcase could be seen in his hands, his fingers clasped tightly around them.

"...And I'm assuming you must be the Doctor, Dr. Scudero" I spoke, turning my attention to the man that was now standing before the bed of my wife.

"Yes. I am Dr. Scudero, Miles Scudero" He confirms, adding his first name as well before stretching his hands out for a handshake.

My eyes shifted from him and to the hand that was now stretched towards me. I remained silent, not making any effort to remove my hands that were buried in my pocket and I'm sure it took him just a few seconds to realize that I was not gonna shake his hands.

That's just something I don't often do, especially to people I'm not familiar with.

"Well..." Dr. Scudero began a few seconds later. He looks away whilst drawing back his hands to himself. "This must Mrs. Mariano, your wife" He averts his eyes to Hazel.

"...and She doesn't okay to me," he says, taking a few steps, moving closer toward her just before turning to face me again. "I'll begin the check-up"

And I stood there, the room falling into complete silence as he laid his briefcase onto the bed.

My eyes carefully watched as he quickly opens it up, pulling out a few pieces of equipment before drawing closer to her and I remained standing there for a few hours, just to make sure he was doing his job and she was not in any sort of danger.

Unfortunately, I was soon starting to grow out of patience from all the waiting and was only seconds away from leaving, after I had called a few of my men, instructing them to guard her door.

However, he was, thankfully, done just in time, right before I had decided to leave.

"Well..." his voice began. He exhales, Turing to face me. "...It appears that Mrs. Mariano is not doing that well. I've checked her temperature and it appears to be very high at 102 degrees. Her skin is also very pale and her pulse is not that strong.

And from this, I will assume that she is this way because her body is very exhausted. She fainted because her body was tired, lacking sleep and rest. She's been doing too much, overworking herself, pushing her body to certain limits that she shouldn't have and as a result, her body shuts down. That's the only way it could have stopped stop her from going any further." he paused, taking another breath.