CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE: CALL THE DOCTOR

Probably won't get to edit this chapter cause I'd be busy with school, so I would really appreciate it if you guys help! Thank you in advance!😊

••━━━ •• ❖ •• ━━━••
•STEPHAN•

"M-Mr Mariano" was the voice of Linda as I entered Hazel's room.

Linda froze in her place for a second, dropping the vacuum she was currently holding in her hands.

Fear could be seen in her eyes as she takes a couple of steps backward and I guess she was both surprise and afraid to see that I have returned earlier than I was supposed to.

However, it was soon after that her fearful expression was replaced with a worried one when her eyes averted away from me and shifted to the woman I held in my arms.

"M-madame?" She stuttered, worries dripping in her voice. Guilt was shown on her face as she took a few steps forward.

Her eyes were stuck to Hazel, never once leaving her until she was standing before me.

"W-what happened?" She stuttered again, raising her head to face me and it was at the moment that I assumed that maybe she was not what I thought she was.

Yes, she may have played a part in mistreating my wife but I've known Linda for over six years and if there's one thing I truly know about her, that is she would never betray me unless she was threatened...

I exhale, looking away from her.

Instead of saying anything, I made my way over to Hazel's bed and that's when Linda quickly made her way over to us and helped me removed the covers after she saw that I needed help.

Now that the covers were removed, I gently placed her down before pulling the covers over her.

"I'm leaving her in your care," I say, finally breaking my silence. I raised my head, turning to face Linda, who was already looking at me.

Her eyes went wide for a second, telling me that she was very much surprised since this was not the words she thought she would hear.

"Look after her for me..." I began again, still facing her. There was still fear in her eyes after I had said these words, however, I was not done yet.

I had to make sure that she knew that I was not playing around. I was serious when it came to looking after my wife...this time.

"...And don't f*ck around or I promise you, you.will.suffer" I warned, staring her straight in the eyes so she could see how serious I was being.

Linda took a very deep breath after I was done speaking and in fear nodded her head before shakily answering with "Yes sir"

Satisfied with her answer, I inwardly exhale. "Good. I will return here in the next thirty minutes" I say, finally averting my eyes from her and took a glance at my unconscious wife for the final time before looking away.

And with that, I turned towards the exit and without any hesitation, I made my way to the door in haste.

"Sir," Ruben greeted as I entered the living room again.