Chapter 3

My arms are crossed and my whole face is tight even as we approach the school.

"Unbelievable," I mutter under my breath. "What the hell is wrong with her?! Even if I wasn't your girlfriend, she can't just touch you if- Why are you smiling?!"

Zack glances at me, biting on his lip to attempt to hide his grin. "I'm not."

I shoot him a look.

"You're acting like you were gonna fight her," he says, amused.

"What, you think I can't take her?" I ask, narrowing my eyes.

He gives me a look. "Amelia, you won't even kill a spider in your bedroom."

"That's a spider! It's different! I could fight a person if I had to," I exclaim. "I've been watching self-defense videos, you know."

"Oh yeah?" he asks, stopping in his tracks and stretching out his arms like a dummy. "Go ahead then. Hit me with your best shot."

I pause and stare at him, still slightly irritated from earlier. Figuring this is a good way to release some anger, I step forward and bring my hand to his neck.

"This is your larynx," I say. "If I hit you here, you might die."

He stares down at me, my hand on his throat. His face is unimpressed so I move on.

"If I kick you in the groin, I could probably paralyze you," I continue, lifting my right leg and stopping just before I can kick him.

He doesn't even flinch. It irritates me more.

I motion for him to walk behind me. "Okay, put your arms around me."

Zack smirks. "Are you sure this isn't just your way of getting me to hold you?"

"Just do it!" I instruct, gritting my teeth.

He sighs and walks behind me, circling his arms around my waist. His body is hot as it presses into my back, filling the air with his cologne, and my heart rate spikes.

Don't lose focus, Amelia.

I start to elbow him but he doesn't budge.

"Look, Amelia. If you wanted me to put my arms around you, all you had to do was-"

Bending forward from the waist, I turn fully and elbow him in the face, escaping out of his grasp.

"Ow! What the hell?" he says, holding his cheek.

"Sorry!" I exclaim, rushing to look at his face. A laugh threatens to spill out of me.

He lets out a scoff and shakes his head at me. "You think this is funny?" he asks, letting go of his face as he walks towards me.

"I just... I thought you were a lot tougher than that," I joke.

The smile on my face falls as he steps forward and snakes a hand under the bottom of my top, caressing the bare skin under it. My breath hitches as his eyes darken and his hand moves to my throat, resting not squeezing. The air goes still as he leans forward, eyes flickering down to my lips.

"I'm gonna make you wish you never said that."

My eyelashes flutter as his other hand rides up under my shirt. For a second, I forget how to speak.

"You won't," I challenge. It's almost a whisper.

Raising his brows, he opens up the door to the dorms and I let his hands travel across the small of my back as the elevator rides up.

A/N: so excited to post these! Thx for ur support and don't forget to vote, comment, follow, and all dat good shit. Love you so so so much!