Final Notes & TCD Book 3

Hello~ 

Thank you SO much for reading this far. I know it's been a long-ass journey & I appreciate all of the support. 

I have the third book outlined but only a few chapters written out. I like to write out the entire novel before publishing it here. 

I'm estimating it will take me at least the entire summer to write out the third book. Hopefully, I will start publishing in the fall. Follow this account if you want to be updated!

Thank you so so much for all the love always. This has been a little nugget of happiness in my life. Unfortunately, I do not read comments because they give me too much anxiety but if you ever want to say hello or have any questions, feel free to shoot me a message!

I wish you all the most happiness in the world & hope to talk to u soon! <3

Note: I want to recommend two books I've really enjoyed & think everyone should pick up from their local library or bookstore. Reading is not only a form of escapism but a learning tool that can be invaluable. Both of these books are poignant, insightful works that are not too hard to understand so if you're interested, please give them a try :)

Please don't get political in the comments. These are book suggestions. I am not forcing you to read them.

Know My Name by Chanel Miller (tw: sexual assault). I recommend this for people 18+.

This is a memoir by Chanel Miller, a half-white & half-Chinese girl from the Bay Area, who was sexually assaulted at a Stanford party while she was blacked out drunk. She discusses her experience going through the trial as well and adds other anecdotes from her life. She touches on experiences such as catcalling, a school shooting she experienced that stemmed from misogyny, consent, and more. It is a raw & beautifully written memoir with an overlying message of hope & strength that I highly recommend everyone reads.

Minor Feelings by Cathy Park Hong

This is a memoir/ cultural criticism by poet Cathy Park Hong about her experience as an Asian-American woman. As far as I know, this is the only memoir about the Asian American experience that has gained decent traction in the media. She discusses the Model Minority Myth, the history of racism against Asians, Asian stereotypes, and more. As a Korean woman, I resonated deeply with this work & felt comforted & empowered by her ability to put the emotions I've felt into words. I think both Asian and non-Asian people can learn a lot from this book. 

Of course, these two books do not cover all of the issues in our world. There are so many more marginalized groups we should continue to learn about beyond these books. However, I thoroughly enjoyed these books & wanted to share them as a possible stepping stone.

Thank you always and see you soon :)