𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿

a month later

a month later

Willow, Quackity, and Schlatt walked around Manburg, a walk they took almost daily now. There was no doubt in her mind that these walks freed her for a bit. It allowed her to try and connect old memories with her life right now. Sometimes her mind wandered off to the negative, she found herself wondering how much longer until Schlatt and Dream burst through her doors to drag her back into that room. If they were letting her believe it was over before returning again. Willow wasn't afraid but she wanted to be prepared when it did happen. Because of this, she always tried to keep something on her to defend herself. Dream was more secretive about his plans compared to Schlatt, which led her to keep certain weapons more hidden than others.

Schlatt coughed violently, making Willow and Quackity pause. They both turned to look at him, watching as he covered his mouth. It was getting worse. Every day, Schlatt would succumb to coughing fits or suddenly his breathing would halt. Quackity was quick to help him but Willow hesitated every time. Was it worth it? Would it be better to let him die then and there? But there were people who were yet to see the corruption that is Schlatt. She wanted to expose who Schlatt was before he could die peacefully or force a graver sentence to him than a coughing fit. The corruption in the walls of the White House, the arguments that lead to bruises and cuts they have to excuse him for; it isn't healthy but Quackity and Willow would be damned if they ever decided to put a stop to it. It was proof of what was happening, that it was going on in front of everyone but no one batted an eye.

At times Willow would fantasize about what ways she could kill Schlatt. In his sleep, with his food, in front of everyone. She would go over what she would say, what she would do, and where she would go. Killing Schlatt would be damaging for herself as well. A hero in the eyes of those who hate him but a villain in those who supported him. Just like the time before, she would have to flee and pretend she never was here.

Schlatt wavered a bit, making Willow reach for his arm. Quackity noticed her change of heart and looked sad for a moment. Willow didn't bat an eye in his direction, knowing what he would tell her. She helped Schlatt up a bit, letting him lean his weight on her. He hated seeing Willow let Schlatt push her around to fulfill whatever plan she was doing. It didn't have to be this way for her, for him. He found himself letting things happen to himself than her. Schlatt winced a bit at the change in weight, hissing at the pain.

"Need to cut down on the wine and cigarettes," Willow hummed, patting his hand. "It's killing you, old man." Quackity chuckled. She never missed a chance to tease the man, it's what he adored about her. Schlatt shook his head, making it clear that he wouldn't stop. "Alright, but when Quackity can't save you don't come crying to me."

"I'm not dying any time soon, sweetheart."

"Alright," The sound of Quackity's hands clapping kept Schlatt from continuing. He reached for Schlatt, shifting the weight from Willow to himself. "I'll take back to the White House. Wills, head home, yeah?"