one

At night I wonder, if life would've been different if I died with the boat.

Willow woke up screaming, holding her chest as she sat up in panic. Quackity sprung up from the side of his bed, his own eyes frantic. She held her hand out to show him she was fine. He stood up, disappearing into her kitchen. Her scarred hands rubbed her chest in a soothing matter to keep her calm. Taking deep breaths to keep her at bay. Every night was the same with nightmares that made her skin crawl, outcomes that she never wanted to see in her life. Quackity approached again with a glass of water. Willow smiled, grabbing it and taking a sip.

Her nightmares ranged from when she died that night on the boat. Willow felt the ocean currents pull at her limbs as she got trashed around before drowning. Her dead body made it to the shore first before she even woke up and no one found her. Then there was her recent death in the room, right underneath everyone. It wasn't the fear of dying that kept waking her up, it was the change in person she would find down there. Some nights it was Quackity. Others it was Tommy and Tubbo. The worst one was when it was her family.

Quackity wiped a tear from her face, giving her a sad smile. She hadn't even realized she was crying. "You scared me when you yelled like that." Willow didn't answer, curling into his side instead. After her entrance, she had avoided everyone who wasn't Quackity or Nikki. They knew what she was planning and provided her with what she needed. It was better that way she assumed.

"Sorry," She muttered. Her head now nuzzled into his neck. Things had moved fast after she returned that day, she kept away from Schlatt but close enough for him to know that his death was inevitable. But she had people watching her as well. It's why she had kept farther away from Manburg than ever.  "They're just dreams."

"Dreams that happen to scare me," Quackity murmured into her hair. "You worry me sometimes."

"It's a common theme in everyone," She laughed it off. "I need to get rid of Schlatt and it's over with."

It was a repeat phrase among the two; once he's gone, we can start over. Willow had gotten so used to it that she muttered it to herself in order to get some sleep. Quackity didn't expect to see Willow so invested in killing him but he would follow her no matter where she went. They were going to be together through it all.

"What's the plan then?"

"I can't say much of the plan," Willow murmured. "Techno doesn't want me to speak about it so lightly. He fears that the walls listen."

"Kinda weird but if you trust him, so do I." Willow smiled, her hand search for his. Her rock, her reason to stay would always be drawn back to Quackity. It made her weakness but her strength. "But promise me you won't go getting yourself killed."

"I promise," She whispered to him. Her eyes slowly closed at the feeling of him kissing her knuckles. "No matter what happens, it's always gonna be us." Quackity hummed in agreement, leaning his head on hers. Not much needed to be said in between them, the silence was enough. "It's about to be morning, I think I'll get my day started. Get some sleep." Willow untangled herself, stretching a bit as she stood up. Quackity laid his head on the bed, watching her move around. "I'll be back later tonight."

"Stay safe out there." Willow nodded, closing the bedroom door behind her. She let out a deep sigh before walking towards the front door, leaving the warmth of her home. Willow stretched her limbs, throwing her hood over her head.

"Willow." Willow let out a shriek, pulling her sword out quickly. She dropped it a bit while Niki held her hands up in surrender. Willow sighed, twirling the sword before putting back into her belt. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you."

"It's not your fault," Willow muttered. "I had a rough start today."

"More nightmares?" Willow nodded. "Well, I have a cure of sorts for that." Willow narrowed her eyes, looking at her weirdly. Niki reached into her own bag. Niki held her palm out extending the item to Willow. "It's all up to you now, Willow."

- ', [authors note] ꒱ ↷🖇

THEY LIVE!!!!!!
short chapter but needed ✨

updates will be slow for the sake
of my health but don't worry
i won't leave this book in the
dark!!

as always loves,
stay hydrated!
you are loved!
have a nice day/night!

~j