𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿

A fire sprung up on the bow of the ship

A fire sprung up on the bow of the ship. It quickly danced around the sails. Her eyes ran across the ship quickly, trying to put it out and salvage what was left of the ship. People around her rushed around doing the same. Willow felt someone grip her shoulders tightly from behind. She turned quickly, her eyes wide and afraid. "Willow!"

"Willow!" Willow sat quickly, breathing rapidly. Niki sat at the edge of her bed, holding her shoulders. She began to look around quickly. Nothing was burning. There was no ship on fire. "Are you okay?"

Willow flung herself forward, wrapping her arms around Niki's shoulders. Niki gasped before wrapping her arms around Willow as well. She rubbed the girl's back as Willow continued to look around the place. She had to make sure that everything was real, that she was here in Niki's room and not anywhere else.

"It felt so real," Willow whispered. Niki nodded, continuing to rub patterns into Willow's back. She finally released Niki, running a hand through her hair. Niki handed her a book and quill, which shocked Willow.

"Fundy asked me to give this you." Willow smiled, opening the book up. She placed the ink pot in between her fingers. Willow dipped the quill and began to write what she dreamt about. "Your dream? What was it about?"

"I was on a boat but it was on fire," Willow muttered. Her mind replayed the flames that she saw soar so high into the night sky. She looked at her handwriting, rereading at her first entry. Willow had wished that her first regained memory would be something better than a wicked fire. "I might have to ask Fundy if he has another."

"What for?" Niki asked, watching Willow stand up. Willow placed the book and quill down. "Because I am a historian." Willow pointed her thumb at herself, smiling proudly. Niki giggled at the girl's stance. "And you're going to be the first person that I write about."

Niki left the room, letting Willow to get dressed on her own time. She buttoned up her shirt, throwing on a pair of trousers. Grabbing the leather boots, she shoved her foot in tying the laces as she hummed randomly. Willow tied her hair with a red ribbon she found lying on the bed.

-midday-

"I have to go somewhere, will you be fine here?" Niki stated, rounding the corner from the counter. Willow nodded, brushing her hands on the apron. "I have some things to deliver around the area."

"If you don't mind, I might work on writing somethings down for the other book." Niki nodded, smiling at Willow's eagerness. When Willow had went looking for sugar, she had found a forgotten book that Niki swore she didn't need anymore. "I will be fine, I've learned from the best."

Niki blushed, smiling and waving as she left. Willow waved back, grabbing the book. She dragged the barrel over to the counter, taking a seat as she opened the book. Willow brushed the feather at the end of the quill against her lips, thinking of how to approach it. It had to be a name people would remember but not one they would easily forget.

The Historian: Tales and Such
By: Willow

Willow smiled at the title, liking the ring to it. She felt that she would much rather write about events. That meant she would have to start from the beginning. She cringed knowing she would have to ask Dream or one of the others that knew him from the beginning. But it seemed like a way to ease the idea of her being the bad guy.

Fungi brushed past her legs, curling its tail around her leg. Willow smiled, reaching down to pet the fox. Fungi leaned into the touch, letting out cute noises. She laughed, pulling away. Leaning back to her sitting position, she flinched when she saw someone standing at the other end.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to scare you!" Willow looked at the man in-front of her. He wore a black cape with red stripes over his head. He carried a small satchel on him which seemed to carry food. "I was wondering if Niki was here?" He looked around the bakery, bouncing on his feet.

"She actually left right now, errands." Willow smiled at the man. He must be one of Dream's friends. "I'm sorry, I don't quite know who you are."

"I'm Badboyhalo, you can call me Bad." He stuck his hand out for her. Willow accepted it, shaking it back. She let go, resting her hand on the book. "You have to be Willow? I heard Dream mention you." Willow nodded but grew nerved.

She remembered what George had mentioned last night. He will be watching you. Was Bad the one he assigned for her? Willow decided not to dwell on the situation on hand and feigned a bright smile. Bad didn't seem as harmful as the rest but she had a gut feeling that it could be a front.

"Is there anything you wanted to let me know?" She asked, peering at Bad. "Uh, yes!" He exclaimed, pulling out a piece of paper from his bag. "I need a cake. It's my friend's birthday soon and I want to surprise him with it." Willow nodded, looking at the paper. She could start it for him right now.

"Of course, I'll start working on it!" Bad smiled at her. He didn't look as if he were watching her but Willow couldn't trust anyone right now. "Okay, thanks!" With that, he left the bakery. Willow smiled, pulling the things from the shelves. If Bad were watching her for Dream, it would feel better then anyone else.

"Willow?" Willow smiled at Fundy's voice. He walked behind the the counter, smiling at her. Fundy sat on the chest, watching her intently. "I heard from Niki you are writing down history."

"Trying to," Willow began to mix ingredients in. "I need to talk to Dream and all of them for information from the beginning but Dream doesn't like me all that much."

"I can do that for you," Fundy said, dipping his finger in the batter. Willow swatted him, scowling at him. Fundy began to laugh at her expression. "What do you need me to ask?"

"Ask them how they got here?"

[a/n]

late night update!!
the amount of ideas
i have for this story...
it's crazy lol

have a nice day/night!
stay hydrated!
you are loved!

~j