one

Willow held the lantern in her hand, walking around the woods looking for anything

Willow held the lantern in her hand, walking around the woods looking for anything. Tubbo was not far from her with his own lantern, shining and yelling out their names. Willow restored to more silent ways, trying to listen for anything. She didn't want to find them out here. Willow didn't know if she could lie and cover them up. She could come up with one but to keep up, Schlatt could see through it or Quackity. Willow didn't know if Quackity was working with Schlatt or against him.

    "Willow!" She turned around fast, rushing to Tubbo. He found them. When she approached his light, she noticed all three of them there. Wilbur looked conflicted but Tommy looked relieved. He rushed forward, hugging Willow. She wrapped her arms around him as well, holding him tight. Tommy was shaking, from adrenaline or fear, she couldn't tell. Willow peeked over Tommy's shoulder, looking at Techno. He seemed relieved as well, but he was paying attention to Wilbur.

    "Why did you have to call her here?" Wilbur spat. Willow didn't pay much attention, pulling away to look at Tommy's face. He had a small scratch on his cheek from what she assumed was a stray arrow coming at him. She wiped it away with her shirt, cleaning his face for him. Tommy smiled a bit, leaning into her hand. "You see what she is doing right?"

    "Cleaning Tommy up," Techno stated the obvious. "Listen if Willow wanted to turn us in or kill us, she would've. I would hope she remembers that much. I didn't get in trouble for teaching her for nothing." Techno crossed his arms, leaning on the tree trunk behind him. Wilbur scoffed, clearly not satisfied with his answer.

    "Willow, you could help us!" Tommy exclaimed. She looked at Tubbo, who had the same expression as her, Fear. They knew what would wait for them if they both helped Tommy. Death, exiled, torture, none of those things that they wanted for each other. Techno cleared his throat, looking at Willow. She looked at him, her mind flashing back to when they were younger. Willow knew she had to respond to him.

    "It isn't that easy," Willow whispered, her hand resting on his shoulder. "Schlatt has his eyes trained on me. One wrong move and I might be forced in some tower."

    "Protecting him?" Wilbur spat.

    "For fuck's sake, what is up with you?" Willow exclaimed. "I'm protecting myself, Tubbo, Fundy, and Niki. You know, the actual people in L'Manburg." She threw her hands up, walking backward. Tubbo and Tommy watched in shock, trying to stop her. "You know what will happen to us if we get caught, Wilbur? I would love to help but I'm not risking Tubbo's life."

    "And what about you?" Techno mentioned. He noticed how she avoided her own name as if she had thought this whole thing through. "Willow?"

    "I'll help Tubbo get whatever he needs to you," Willow whispered. "But I'm done being treated like shit by you, Wilbur."

    Willow turned around, making her way out of the woods. She threw her lantern hard at a tree, breathing heavily. She clenched and unclenched her hands the whole way through, finally stepping out of the woods she spotted Quackity and Schlatt. Willow tried calming down a bit before getting near to them.